Think On These Things

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Phill.4:8
    7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable— if anything is excellent or praiseworthy— think on these things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.…

Galatians,5:22
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

are true.

I am trying to be less concerned about the news, starting today,

2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Do you remember when you first watched the news and if you cared about it at all then ? Like as a child, teen, or over twenty ?

I remember
    not watching tv except occasional cartoons or movies until after high school,
    then some news and documentaries when in college,
    and in the seventies seeing the greed, the uselessness , falseness and hypocrisy of broadcast public politics and religion
    but not yet realizing the advertised drug company 'news'/information was so evil as well as altogether wrong and deceptive.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Funny isn't it that when we were teens and young adults we didn't watch the news or care what was going on in the world did just fine before I was involved with correcting it,lol. Although we had family and friends in Nam we did keep up with some.

Mat.6:27,
    26Look at the birds of the air: They do not sow or reap or gather into barns—and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28And why do you worry about clothes? Consider how the lilies of the field grow: They do not labor or spin.…
    Berean Study Bible · Down

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

I had an old friend 'may she RIP', who would fuss me out if I even mentioned the news. She would tell me she didn't watch it for a reason and didn't need me telling her about it. I miss her.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We try not to so-called "bury our heads in the sand" when it comes to any news, but there are times we really wish we could. However, there are those that any news, be it local, national or world, that can almost make them physically sick listening/watching it.

When I was in high school, when whatever news came on tv, I was outside doing farm chores or we were eating supper. If eating supper, never/ever had the tv on. I knew nothing of what was going on in Vietnam, other than I had to enlist in something to avoid being Drafted into the Army. Once in the Navy, all I knew was the ship I was on was preparing for another Westpac Cruise to Vietnam. I wasn't scared at all, because I was told that North Vietnam didn't have much, if any, kind of Navy to battle us with.

6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

As kids few of us or few of anyone knew how much evil was all around us. We were all lied to daily and almost no one was telling us or instructing us in what is true and good and right. 'Evil' was and is still exalted as 'good', and what is good was and is mocked and ignored and rejected and attacked. Loving money is 'normal' yet sinful and the source of all evil, taking sides is considered normal and important, crime and war and killing babies and perversion is officially approved of at all levels with few exceptions. Bad company , being almost everyone, society, corrupts good morals. Instead of improving , instead of getting better, all society seeks to bring everyone down in rebellion against the Creator, to make as many as possible sick and dying , for profit.

Being Plucked out of this world of death and sin, is rare, beautiful, healing, wonderful, agonizing, enlightening, healthy, and results in peace and joy even in the midst of also grief and sorrow at all the sin and suffering all around us vexing us daily. Like as written of Lot in sodom and gomorrah.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Jeff thanks for the positive reply.:D Gee I feel better already.:eek: Guess I started it with all my previous news cast.:oops:

8. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

As a young person and as an older one who worked, I watched the news and swallowed it whole as truthful and trustworthy; mostly getting it from Walter Cronkite. When I retired I had more time to study the facts from alternative news sources and I don’t know what to believe anymore. That’s not only on what is reported but what does not get reported. I wonder if it’s always been that way or am I just noticing it now.

As for biblical messaging, I wish I could get into that because I think we can all use it from time to time.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Religious or not Ed its still good advice for me because I tend to be the one who needs it the most far as things I can do nothing about yet like to wallow in them at times.
    My daughter tries to keep me balanced,lol.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

For probably all practical purposes, it has always been that way.

Only one source remains true, truthful, unchanged, unchanging, reliable, faithful, and good.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  11. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

yahoo!...feel better...sleep better

12. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Besides reading posts or webpages from others,

are you able to go to biblegateway.com and/or biblehub.com ? I've used both for free for years, and they provide access to
    Scripture in several different translations to read the Bible directly and some sometimes helpful commentaries on verses or chapters.

Marie Mallery and Ed Wilson like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

I can see better on the large screen of TV hooked up to HDMI so I don't read like I use to.

14. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Looking for Hope.
    Seeking unshakeable Peace.
    Seeing a true life of Faith.
    Testimonies of a Faithful Family that came out of 'babylon'.
    ...."documentary changed my life and made me become a stay at home mom! I love the ways of God that our society has lost, and this documentary really opened my eyes to loving my children, Husband and my God. May God always bless this family!!!"

https://documentaryheaven.com/amish-secret-life/
    p.s. When they followed Jesus, they were led out of the life they once had, and were excommunicated also, for being truthful.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Do you try to ignore all the negative things happening and just see the good in the world. I haven't been doing this and it is not wise nor healthy for the mind, body or soul.

Phil.4:8, Bible Hub.com
    "7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable— if anything is excellent or praiseworthy— think on these things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.…
    Berean Standard Bible · Download

Yvonne Smith likes this.