Thinking Things Would Slow Down, After Retirement

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Jake Smith, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks, Beth, I think the valium helped, and the new stronger bp meds too. They checked my bp and said, alright lets go. started putting laughing gas mask on, and in a few minutes got busy numbing area, real deep, and all I could tell about laughing gas was it's like pepper up your nose; I couldn't feel any change in my tense feelings; didn't make me laugh at all, don't know why they call it that.

He told me he was gonna break the teeth up in pieces like 4 or 5 pieces, for some reason, so he was useing a drill of some sort; and it was loud. He stopped and said does that hurt? I told it's loud, but it did hurt, as he pressed harder and harder; cutting them up I guess. :eek:

I've had teeth removed before, including wisdom teeth, but never had them drilled that hard, except drilled somewhat lighter, when filling them; I just don't know; it felt like he pulled 4 or 5 teeth instead of two. When I got feeling back in lips and gums I checked and only two missing, so I'm glad about that. Hurt really bad last night; so I took two extra strenght tylenols, and went to bed.

They gave me a script for a mouth wash, and I got it filled today and started useing it, twice a day. Hopefully no perferation to sinus cavity , so far so good, just soar is all. I am glad it's behind me now, just needs to heal; so I can finish porch, and get caught up on all my other chores; "it never slows down". Marie was moving dog beds this morning and one fell back on her leg; on her right chins part of her leg, and ripped the skin back; so we been trying stop that bleeding. I think aspirins make her bleed more because it was very hard to stop bleeding. WE have it bandaged with a little antibiotic on it; and I think she should leave it like that until tomorrow; then change it where it will start healing, They wouldn't stitch this; the way it slid the skin back I think. :rolleyes:

2. Jake Smith

Registered

1493744771301 (1).jpg

After a total rebuild of my 1986 Nissan, I'm very proud of the way it's breaking in now; it cranks better, runs better, and shifts better, every trip I make to town lately. And the 1995 Ford Van; after changeing almost every part on it; is performing great, and is even better on gas now.
    I thought this truck engine was going to drive me insane, or "Marie"; before I finished the rebuild.

DSCN1406.JPG

Tore it completely down, and rebuit it from bottom to top. :D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

No more baby moon caps, we had to change those for new tires. Tires were very low milage but aged, about 10 years old.

Also every old guy above 65 loved the moon caps and had a story to tell about them no matter where we were or which parking lot. They liked the baby moons.

Jake Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  4. Jake Smith

Registered

3- 26-2023, " Busy day today", finished framing last screen door frame, and painted all the rotted wood I replaced with two coats of paint and also all the new 2x4s on the door frames ; and it looks real good; tomorrow I will finish painting columns, and all inside upper roof sides. Then remove screens off new doors, and I have to paint two of the new screen doors, one is already white. Then start replacing the screens; it seems like forever, but I'm getting it done. :D

So far the molders being gone; are not to bad on me, I just take a couple tylenols at night, and a couple in mornings. The whole left side of my face is soar, but mostly, when I forget and rub it accidently. :confused:
    The stitches are coming a loose and feels like sewing thread in my mouth, so I cut some of it, but it's to tendor to try getting it all, so I'm leaveing it alone for now. :( Hope everyone here is doing fine. :)

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

The hen is officially a pet now, her name is Lucile, compliments of Jake, I liked Hop Along, but he won.

She is doing great, barely a limp now and the other hens don't go after her as much, she loved to free range and stretch her wings.

Mary Stetler and Jake Smith like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Here she is looking for Jake,

[​IMG]

She found him,
    [​IMG]

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Jake is busy so he ask me to watch Lucile for him,:rolleyes:, well at least he bandaged me up first.
    I have flowers to get hardened off anyway maybe Lucile will stick close to me.

Jake Smith likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Jake is getting on my last nerve, he best behave or I'll do like his parents did to his pig Arnold. After supper they ask Jake, 'how did Arnald taste':eek:
    Just kidding of course Lucile is safe but that was not nice to feed him his pet pig.:(

Jake Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  9. Jake Smith

Registered

I couldn't get much done to porch today; because of Marie doing her flower bed fence, she kept saying; I want a perimid shape, no a heart shape, or another shape, then she would say; I need you to help me with this; but eventually she made up her mind after I made her mad; on the shape, and got it done. So anyway still doing porch; even if it's taking forever. :rolleyes:

As you can see the columns still have to be painted.

share6.JPG

Her flower garden fence, and some of her flowers.

share5.JPG

:D I told her I was gonna tell on her.

Leo acting like Rosie our donk; thinks he's hideing from me.

DSCN1942.JPG

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Putting the border in was not easy, had to dig the trench for it to lay in then cover. It keeps the grass from coming into the garden, or at least helps.

Jake Smith likes this.
  11. Jake Smith

Registered

True it does help. Squash and tomatoes are coming along good.

DSCN1951.JPG

Tomatoes.

DSCN1952.JPG

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

lol, I was just thinking Hey! that looks like Florida dirt in your garden.
    Oh no! It is!;)

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  13. Jake Smith

Registered

Painted the four columns today; and 3/4 of roof area, and tops of 2x4s at roof. Just have about a 1/4 of roof area to do. Then put up screens, and do screen doors. "Getting there". :)

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Jake Smith

Registered

Finished Painting roof area, and two screen doors, and hung the new front screen door, which was painted. Have to rescreen doors, and put up all the screen, for the painting is officially done, then have to replace outer trim; will have to paint those, it's getting closer to being done. :)

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Jake Smith

Registered

Stayed on it all day; and managed to get other two doors screened and up, and started putting new screen on. Tired now so resting, and will start back on it tomorrow. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.