Tornadoes Strike Louisiana Including New Orleans State Of Emergency Declared

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Violent Tornadoes Strike Louisiana Including New Orleans; Injuries Reported, State of Emergency Declared
    [​IMG]

7 FEBRUARY, 2017

At least four tornadoes were spawned by a storm system that swept through Louisiana Tuesday, with widespread damage reported in parts of New Orleans. Gov. John Bel Edwards declared a state of emergency in the wake of the damaging storms and said he will travel to southeastern Louisiana to survey the destruction left behind. One of the hardest-hit areas

was New Orleans East. Shortly after the supercell passed through, severe damage to homes and businesses was reported by local media. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu told the New Orleans Times-Picayune that there were dozens of injuries but no deaths in the area. “Please do not try to come to New Orleans East,” Landrieu said in a press conference, as reported by the New Orleans Advocate. “It is totally shut down.” READ MORE

I am very happy to report that none of our family members that live there were hurt.

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I was watching on the news last night and wondering about you. Glad you're okay.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott My cousin's wife and new baby was right in the path of one....but that tornado just by passed them and their home thank the Lord! :)

All I got at our home was a little thunder and lightning and the electricity went out right when I was baking my chicken pot pie in the oven. It stayed off for about 15 minutes but the oven was warm and once the electricity came back on my pot pie finished baking with no problem. :)