Traveling To Seattle This Weekend

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My oldest grandson is getting married this weekend.
    This is the one who is a pilot and lives near Seattle-Tacoma, and Robin and I will be flying out there in the morning, and staying through the weekend and flying back home on Monday.
    I will be taking at least one iPad along (probably 2) and so I should have some time free when I can check in with everyone here and see how things are going, and maybe post a picture or two; but I wanted to let everyone know not to worry if you do not see me as often as usual, especially on the flying days.

I totally LOVE the West Coast and the Seattle area; so I am really looking forward to the trip out there.
    Robin wanted to drive out in her new Mini-Cooper; but she didn’t know if she would get it in time, so she booked us flights instead.
    She special-ordered a brand new 2018 MiniCooper S, and she picked it up in Birmingham yesterday, and brought it over to show us last night.
    That car is so amazing with all of the things that it can do !
    Robin is my “Gadget Girl” and this car is just one big electronic Gadget.
    I am sure that she will be reading the instruction manual and learning how to program and operate everything for a while.
    She has wanted a Mini for years, and just finally was able to get one.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I can feel your excitement - wishing you a splendid journey and best wishes to the happy couple too :)

Bess Barber and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Enjoy the trip and the wedding! Congrats to the couple, also.

I can send the dancing girls to entertain Bobby. :)

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Have a wonderful trip, @Yvonne Smith . That is a beautiful area. There is a small beach just in the edge of Seattle. You can get a spectacular view of the Space Needle from there.

space needle .JPG

5. Yvonne Smith

Just a short message to let everyone know,we are in the air and o

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Safe Journey Yvonne, and have a wonderful few days...

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

And don't forget to take pictures. :D

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you have a ball and bring home some photos of that wonderful area?

9. Yvonne Smith

We are going to be out and about today, not sure where yet; but I will take pictures when I can and of we go somewhere that has a good view for a picture.
    I have my big iPad here at the hotel, so I can actually type again. I don’t know why the message I sent from the phone ended part way through yesterday.
    It looked to me like the whole thing sent, but it was still just a short hello.
    I went down to the coffee shop here at 6 this morning, and had coffee and fresh fruit, and messaged Bobby to let him know I was awake.
    Then I came back up and slept some more; but now Robin and I are both up and around.
    I can see a little bit of Mount Rainier; but not enough to take pictures of it for you yet.

10. Yvonne Smith

Yesterday was a BUSY day, and very cold. We traveled along the waterfront from Seattle to Tacoma and to the WW Seymour Conservatory, which is where they are having the wedding, and where they held the rehearsal yesterday.
    I did take some pictures and will try to re-size and post some of them; but I am also adding the link for the website, and that shows most of the beautiful plants and trees that were inside of there. It seems like an ideal place for a small private wedding ceremony, and the flowers are beautiful !
    https://www.metroparkstacoma.org/conservatory/

After that, we went to the Seattle Waterfront (my older son, Tony, has his car since they drove over from Idaho for their son’s wedding), and then we went to Pike Place Market.
    It was very cold, and even bundled up , I was almost frozen stiff, and the wind was straight out of the north.
    Then, the coffee-drinkers wanted to have coffee at the original Starbucks, and the line was about a block long to get inside. I took a picture of the sign when we got close enough that you can see it was a Starbucks sign, and there is another sign in the window that says it was established there in 1971.
    5358FBEF-182F-4053-9FA9-9C0B7311A21D.jpeg

11. Yvonne Smith

Yesterday was the actual wedding, so we were busy ALL day long. We are staying near Seattle in Federal Way, and the wedding is in the conservatory which is in the middle of downtown Tacoma , and even for a Saturday, there was a lot of traffic.
    The wedding was not until after 6 because they had to wait until after regular hours to be able to rent it for the wedding, and after that, everyone went to dinner together. By the time we got back to the hotel, it was after midnight here (which made it after 2AM in Alabama time), and I was frozen and exhausted and just crashed into bed and didn’t even open the iPad.
    Today is pretty much an open day, noting scheduled, and flying back home again tomorrow. I have enjoyed myself, and I am glad that I got to come out for the trip; but I am also ready to go back home again.
    I will see about getting some photos re-sized so that I can post them here.

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Pity the weather wasn't better for everyone
    I bet you're plum tuckered out Yvonne
    Hope you have a good journey home :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yesterday was perfect, Patsy ! It was not so cold during the day, and the skies were bright blue and beautiful. Everything in Seattle is so green year around anyway.
    Today is raining and dreary, so it is good that they had the nice day yesterday and could take outside pictures.

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad you have a free day today! Traveling and time differences for a short stay are the pits but it's worth it to see your family.

Yvonne Smith likes this.