Trees And Other Things

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Nancy Hart, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't even notice that pattern. Will make it easier to remember. Thanks.

Even if I could one day hit the notes like this girl does, I would never have the imagination to come up with the arrangement. :( I guess this is what they call improvising. I don't think that can be taught. It surely has to come from within.

2. Nancy Hart

Registered

Sounds like your power goes off even more often than ours. Mostly due to large old trees coming down in the wind here. Wish we had underground lines.

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a couple of substations that appears to be ancient of days.

4. Bill Boggs

Registered

The gal blowing the Suzuki harmonica, playing Georgia On My Mind
    is Christelle Berthon, a French lady. I got on to her about four years ago
    when she was trying to raise money to produce her first album. She
    has been sponsored by some European company and later by Suzuki
    Harmonicas. She's been playing since early childhood and she is very good.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Registered

Bill, I'm starting to get a little frustrated. It will be 3 weeks this Friday. I don't expect miracles, but would just like to get all the way through one little song without making a mistake, or running out of breath. I found another instructor last night I like, named Luke at Harmonica dot com who suggests this...

Deep Relaxed Mouth Position

It's more like puckering using only your lower lip. Have you ever heard of this?

I don't seem to be able to do it very well either, but I'm going to give it a try for a week.

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Nancy for now, forget puckering. Try no more for a while. Blow in to a hole with out puckering. Blow into each. hole the most comfotable way for you to do it. On a piano you have to move your hands to play. On a harmonica you must move the harp. You can move your mouth but that too hard to play that way. You must move the harp as you move your hands through the holes four through seven, where most western music is played. Keep a little pressure on the harmonica as though you were trying to seal off the hole so no air could escape. Breath through your nose and some through the loose bottom lip. Move the harp, listen to the notes, back and fourth. Run your tongue over the holes and
    upper part of the harp so the harp will move smoothly. Get your lips away from the holes and wrap a little more
    harmonica into your mouth. bring your right hand up close to the harp so you can wow, wow. Move your hand back and forth under the harp. Just blow into the holes from that position or one similiar that is more comfortable. Just blow and listen to the sound. Try to play something you know well. From four to seven, pick out the notes or just practice bit. None ppf tos is iron clad. A little flexibility can always be built in. Try some of that.

The prople who teach on line, the people who sell harmonicas, say a diligent student can learn a littlee something in ninety (90) days. Six months for others to play something to their satisfaction. I don't really know. I was an old man
    when I first pickeed one up, I was set in my ways, didn't follow content I read on line. Thought I'd never learn. You may not realize it, but you're ahead of the game plan.

Mash down on your piano on middle C. You get a clear note. Blow into hole four, trying for a clear
    note, same-o, same-o. One of these days you'll be playing, "Ÿou are my sunshine, my only sunshine, and you'll feel good about it. Later.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Registered

Thanks. Then I'm giving it 90 days. That's July 21st. Will try to quit harping about it so much in the mean time.

By the way, "a little something" doesn't sound like much. o_O

8. Bill Boggs

Registered

Once you play a little something, that is the gateway. People will be saying:
    57929AAE-3A8B-45CA-8830-268758A99061.png

Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Registered

If all that gets tiresome, play on the draw notes from hole two through six
    and six through two. put your hand flat under the harp loosely, see
    what kind of sound you can get, open up your hand, see how that sounds
    to you. Breathe through number four blow and draw back through it. Do the
    same with number six. Chop it up and woh, woh it some. Get some sound,
    primarily on thje draw notes. Twist your mouth. Blown in andend the harp's
    bottom in toward you. make some noise. That's a good wat to start out on
    Working Man Blues.

10. Nancy Hart

Registered

The tail wheel is already out for delivery today. It was close by. Savannah. Only 100 miles as the crow flies. Won't get a chance to try it until this weekend. Forty-eight pounds may be a challenge. I've already decided I won't return it, even if it doesn't work. Will chalk it up to tuition in the College of Life.

It looks like the chip shortage is still affecting automobile production. Several Ford plants shut down temporarily over the last few months. One article said the shortage may be worse in the 3rd quarter of 2021. Assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan (where Ford Rangers are built) was down the weeks of May 17 and May 24. I guess that explains the N/A delivery date. I hope they don't get so backed up they start cancelling orders.

Another article says they are still building vehicles but parking them, waiting for the chips to be installed later.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  11. Bill Boggs

Registered

It'll all come out in the wash, hopefully.

My new hearing aid comes in today, I've been accusing everyone of murmuring. Maybe they were, maybe they were not.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Nancy Hart

Registered

Most likely a little of both. My mother always accused me of talking too softly. She was right. But she also had trouble hearing. Second try we always got it right.

Hope you like it and it works.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

14. Nancy Hart

Registered

@Bill Boggs

Did you get your hearing aid? . How is it?

Just got the wheel. :cool: It is really made well. So much better than original equipment. I measured the mower six ways from Sunday, and the description included that model mower. We'll see...

A pretty picture before it gets all dirty. ;)

[​IMG]

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Bill Boggs

Registered

I like it. Can hear television. went outside, sit out awhile. Birds were annoying, so loud. The most
    notable difference noticed is I don’t have to worry about knocking this off my ear with my oxygen tubing, or my glasses as I have done for several years. Later.

John Brunner and Nancy Hart like this.