Trump Endorses Oz For Pa Senate

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ed Wilson, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Senate_election_in_Pennsylvania,_2022

Our current Republican senator from PA, Pat Toomey is not seeking re-election so his seat is up for grabs. On May 17 voters will decide on who they want to take his place in the Republican primary. Currently there are seven hopefuls. The most visible are Oz and McCormick who are dukeing it out with numerous TV ads. I had my doubts on both of them. McCormick made his money on Wall Street like the RINO Romney, and Oz it is argued is a Hollywood liberal at heart. Since our Fearless Leader Trump is backing Oz now, I may settle on Oz.

The other candidates are practically invisible since it takes big money to constantly have ads on TV. Two others I considered were Kathy Barnette and Carla Sands.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't pay as much attention to political figures as I once did, so I don't know who "Oz" is, but I'd pick anyone over someone who can be compared to Mitt Romney. Trump is more of a pragmatist than a conservative, and he's certainly not a neoconservative. I'd vote for him again, but I wouldn't necessarily vote for someone else because he recommended them, as he made some awful appointments and endorsements during his tenure. Still, if you can compare McCormick to Romney, I'd vote for the other guy,

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't know much about it, but my brother who lives in PA is voting for Barnette, as he says the others are fly-by-night candidates who perhaps just moved to PA for the politics like Hilary Clinton did for NY. I don't think I would trust Oz even though he talks a good game, for he was and may still be a close friend of Oprah, the biggest phony in the country. He is also endorsed by Sean Hannity, which is another strike against him in my book. Be aware also that Trump also endorsed Romney in his last run for the Senate, so he is not perfect.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Oh, that Oz. Yeah, I'd be concerned about the Oprah connections. Also, Wikipedia claims that Dr. Oz has cited Arnold Schwarzenegger and Theodore Roosevelt as inspirations, so that would concern me too. If his opponent is a Romney-like neocon, I wouldn't be too excited about the election. Dr. Oz might be interesting, however, and there is something to be said for electing an insane person to office. I liked Spiro Agnew because he was entertaining. Insane people usually vote with the Democrats, though.

5. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

OZ is a disgusting charlatan. He has touted bogus treatments on his show, leading his fellow physicians to put the heat on him to knock it off. Who could endorse such a guy? Oh, wait.........

Lulu Moppet and Ed Wilson like this.
  6. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I did not know that. Hmmm...

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Give it a chance, you think things are good now???? They cannot get worse....

We are a suffering left radically controlled country, we need changes changes changes...

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, they can. And probably will.

9. Joy Martin

Registered

Yes stay with t he same ole stuff and guaranteed to get worse....change is necessary ...

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

The last time a politician promised, "Hope and change" , it didn't turn out so good.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

Come to CA and see the 40-50K living on the streets, in this deep blue radical left state...for decades the Golden State... How about your state -- how many living on the streets...I'm not sure what political arena NC is, but it's not one of the deep blue states....

12. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Trump proved he is only interested in "Yes People" by the hideous list of do-do birds he chose for cabinet members. It has been said over and over and proven by him if you disagree with him you are out.

13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I think most reasonable people understand that Trump is a jerk; he is not a politician which could be a good thing. His personality is disgusting to me, but I did support most of his policies... especially the border wall.

Trevalius Guyus and Ed Wilson like this.
  14. Joy Martin

Registered

Gotta get beyond the personality, that's why Biden is where he is today. Having left the DEM party after 50-60 yrs.... how I struggled to vote in 2016, but pulled that Biden button....never again will I vote for a Dem.....Today's Dems are NOT the Dems of my growing up.

Trump would be one to say "tear that wall down Mr. Gorbachev"...

Trump is not a jerk, he's done a lot of stuff in his life.....won a lot, lost a lot.

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

What we have seen of Donald Trump as a president is not necessarily what his actual personality and nature would be. We have seen a man who loves this country, gave everything possible to help make it great again, and was fought tooth and nail all the way for over four years, even by his own political party.
    As soon as the liberals realized that Trump was serious about running for office, people who have liked and supported him for years turned against him.

People from the mainstream Republican Party rejected him also, but amazingly, Trump won the support of the people. The 2016 election was rigged, too; but Trump actually got so many votes that he won anyway.
    The lifelong politicians were against him, the media attacked him, changed just about anything that he said or did into something bad when it was actually good.
    The ONLY way that he was able to get his actual words out to Americans was to use Twitter, and he trolled enough to keep people reading what he wrote.

All of us are different when we have to fight our way through life every single day to accomplish something. The gentlest mother will turn into a Momma Bear when you attack her babies that she loves.
    President Trump has been being a Momma Bear for this country. No, he is not perfect; but he loves this country.

Joy Martin and Don Alaska like this.