Trump Versus Hillary

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually Piers has been a journalist and newspaper editor in the UK long before he was ever a Judge on reality shows or winning Celebrity apprentice..(the only English contestant btw against all Americans)...like him or loath him....he does have a point with regard to Clinton...

Denise Evans and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

A Weiner Has derailed yet another campaign Funny.jpg

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

On a playground in Park Ridge, Illinois sixty years ago, a little boy pointed at Hillary Rodham and exclaimed, "You cheated, Hillary! That wasn't fair! You cheated!"

Hillary looked around and said, to every other girl on the playground, "Are we going to let him say that about us?"

Martin Alonzo and Denise Evans like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

While campaigning in Florida, Hillary Clinton recently said she was in New York City on September 11, 2001. She wasn't. She was at her home in Washington, DC. She went to New York the next day with Charlie Rangel and Chuck Schumer. This is interesting because, another time, she said that her daughter, Chelsea, was in New York City during the attacks and she was worried that her daughter was okay. Her daughter was also not in New York City at the time.

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Why lie about this stuff, well, I suppose that would make her supporters feel more personable about her, like "oh, our hillary was right there when 911 happened". That just seems so stupid to me. Manipulation is one things but stupid manipulation??

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hillary's and Bill's whole careers are based on sensationalism. When she said that she was shot at when she went to Bosnia was also a lie but no one seems to want to bring that particular item up.
    The Clinton Foundation touts 90% of their millions and millions of dollars collected has gone to helping out Haiti and other areas when in fact it's only about 18%.
    The total fruitlessness of the reset button was nothing more than a ploy to show Hillary was doing something in an already worthless tenure as Secretary of State.

It's all about sensationalism and I do fear that the last bit of this tendency might be in play should the FBI push a little harder as of last night. In the next couple of days I do predict a very harsh bit of news in relation to Hillary's health or lack of. Hope I'm wrong.

Ken Anderson and Denise Evans like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

9. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks for this @Bobby Cole just when I think I am understanding, getting a good handle on what is going on, I realize how little I really know. Funny, but while I was relaxing into falling asleep lastnight, I thought about her health. I haven't heard or seen a thing about it since the "collapse", and I don't see that doctor with his little pen either. The thought crossed my mind that maybe that was a "setup" another sympathy ploy, or manipulation.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

She gives new meaning to the word denial, maybe she believes her "stuff" she's lied about it so long.

11. Ken Anderson

I've mentioned before that the Huffington Post is one of the more honest publications among the left. True, most of what it publishes is going to favor the Democrats, but most of what it publishes is opinion rather than hard news, so that's okay. I think it's fair to say that the Huffington Post is to one side what Breitbart.com is to the other, in that they are both biased but unlikely to publish outright lies.

Here's an article by a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post, Cesar Vargas, definitely a leftist, who has entitled his article, "Why I Can No Longer Support Hillary Clinton." No, he's not supporting Trump, but he is recanting his previous endorsement of Hillary Clinton. It begins like this...

Denise Evans and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I do read the Huffington Post and it's one I have saved to my home page. I also look at CNN and Fox
    And if you kind of split the difference you get an idea of what the real story is.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

I'll read it @Ken Anderson Thanks. I think your assessment is accurate too on HP. I put one up yesterday by Huffington, I don't remember what, but a link. Good to know more about them though, which I didn't;)

14. Ken Anderson

Since I don't have network television, I haven't seen very many of the ads but I have heard that Hillary is running an ad criticizing Trump for mocking a reporter's disability. I had heard that criticism before but I didn't know that it had any legs, or that anyone was taking it seriously. This video answers that question pretty well. The hand gestures he used are simply gestures that he has always used to portray someone who is frustrated or indecisive, and had nothing to do with anyone's disability.

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's used a lot on liberal sites. I've never actually seen the video where he's supposedly doing it. I'm writing this before I look at the video and I hope I see it like you see it because I don't care for it if true. It's also very hard to understand why any sane person would mock the handicapped.

Edit: okay, I watched and you're right, he uses that gesture a lot and nothing to do with the handicapped or disabled.

Sadly this is what the election has boiled down to...on both sides. Clips and edits that are false.