Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We've talked about Donald Trump in several other threads, in regards to specific issues, such as immigration, and that is entirely appropriate. Since these discussions often lead to other things regarding the Republican candidate, I thought I'd start a thread here where discussion of Trump can be posted.

Please, if he creates news, that specific news story can still be posted in the news area of the forum or if he says or does something regarding any other issue, it can be discussed in any thread that covers that issue. I am not suggesting that all discussion about Donald Trump has to be here.

Anyhow, I will start it out with what I consider to be a couple of pretty good video discussions of his campaign, particularly as he is covered by the media.

I can't find a way to embed this one properly, but it can be found here, entitled
    Reality Check: Is banning Muslims lawful?

The other is here...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Avigail David likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I keep hearing the rumors that Trump is just a plant to get Hillary elected.

He's voted Democratic many times and he's good friend with the Clinton's .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nspiracy-theory-heres-a-look-at-the-evidence/

I've also read somewhere and I don't remember where that he won't be able to do the things that he is saying anyway, like banning muslims.

I still have no idea who I will vote for in the election, so I'm reading all sides.

3. Ken Anderson

Ronald Reagan was a Democrat before he ran for governor in California as a Republican. As far as the ability to ban Muslims, that was covered quite well in the links that I provided in the opening post to this thread. The president has the right to ban immigration based on anything that he wants. He could ban immigration by people with red hair if he wanted to. The U.S. Constitution is not a global document. It does not apply to foreign nationals not on our soil.

Pat Buchanan has some good advice to the Republican Party in this video interview, as well.

4. Ken Anderson

Why Trump's Winning: 9 Facts About Islam the Media Doesn't Want You to Know

Diane Lane and Avigail David like this.
  5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

The latest example of dishonesty in the media is Trump's actual words about "banning Muslims". I heard what Trump said. He said all of the Muslims who are here could stay here but that he would temporarily ban the rest until the government knows what's going on and what to do about it.

Two nights ago NBC Nightly News (always shamelessly biased) with Lester Holt and guest reporter Tom Brokaw misquoted Trump to say that he would ban ALL Muslims period forever. Then branded Trump as a lunatic going against what our country stands for. It was an all out attack against Trump's character. Then last night was somewhat different. Lester Holt included "temporary ban" (but still left out that Trump said the Muslims who are here can stay here). I could tell they had had their hands slapped and were much more low key.

Here is where they painted Trump as "paranoia overriding reason" and compared him to the treatment of the Japanese citizens here (remember, Trump said current Muslim citizens wouldn't be affected), the holocaust (again, Jews were citizens), "McCarthy's reckless witch hunt", the treatment of the slaves, and blaming Trump's statement as being used for an ISIS recruiting tool. Really?? NBC should be ashamed. They do this every night. And then they sabotage Fox news?

Latest example of DISHONEST reporting: http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/12/08/nbc-veteran-journalist-tom-brokaw-blasts-trumps/207358

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, that's politics in the works - media. I remember the olden times when the largest-selling newspaper was Manila Times. When they handle a candidate for a national position, expect that candidate to win in the urban areas (rural folks don't usually read the papers, they just rely on the radio during that time). Now media is still doing the same, showing their slant in any which way they can in support of their candidate. With Trump, I still think that he is unbeatable if the elections is held today.

7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My problem with Trump is not that I don't like what he is saying. It's that it seems so much like Deja vous. Maybe my feeling this way can be attributed to my reading and watching so many docu's on WW2. But, the facts remain, Germany was in trouble after WW1. Hitler came along, told Germans what they wanted to hear. Once Hitler got a hold on power, all hell broke loose.
    In no way am I saying Trump will turn into another Hitler, as some are suggesting. All I'm saying is, America needs to be very careful now, more than ever.

Ina I. Wonder and Bill Boggs like this.
  8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

2nd example of dishonest media: Did anyone see in the news anywhere, any reporting of this happening 2 days ago?

November 9
    "Ex-Guantanamo detainee now an al Qaeda leader in Yemen"

Yes, one of the bin Laden elite that Obama released in 2012. Thanks Obama. If Trump did that it would be all over the news!

While detained at Guantanamo in 2003, Qosi was asked why he stayed true to bin Laden for so many years. According to JTF-GTMO, Qosi explained it was his “religious duty to defend Islam and fulfill the obligation of jihad and that the war between America and al Qaeda is a war between Islam and aggression of the infidels.”
    http://www.longwarjournal.org/archi...-detainee-now-an-al-qaeda-leader-in-yemen.php

Edit: What makes this dishonest is the cover-up of Obama's goof from the mainstream media…as of yet anyway. Has anyone seen anything in the news about it? I just happened by it online today.

Yvonne Smith and Ike Willis like this.
  9. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I wasn't going to comment on this ridiculous charlatan, but since he has weighed in with nonsense about the UK, I feel he is fair game.

A petition to ban Trump from entering Britain has now passed half a million signatures. I am happy to be one of the signatories. If nothing else is achieved, at least it will stop him turning my country into a giant golf course.

10. Ike Willis

Registered

I'd be more concerned about Britain becoming a giant mosque.

11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Britain's petitioners want to destroy Trump politically since they know he'll temporarily ban Muslims from the US if he's president, fearing Britain will end up getting the Muslims...so what better place to divert them than over the ocean to the US. Remember we have a lot of Muslims now and they will be allowed to stay here. Trump said he'd take more when the government is ready. We also have 50,000 homeless Veterans to take care of first.

All those who signed the petition to ban Trump are just "casting their vote" to open the floodgates in the US to keep all the refugees out of Britain. Why don't the British petitioners use their energy to sign a petition for a coalition to purchase a large piece of land in Syria and protect it's borders and the Muslims there. Help them rebuild their own towns and communities, secure their borders, etc. That was Trump's idea originally. That's the Muslim homeland and are surrounded by countries who are their friends.

12. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe it's just that we don't want a vile bigot (and Islamic State's number one recruiting officer) in our country. Just possible, you know...

Sacheen BrightEagle likes this.
  13. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Those are strong words, Tom. There are some things about Trump's personality that I seriously don't like but "vile bigot" is not one of them. A bigot is someone who thinks their way is the right way no matter if everyone around disagrees. The polls prove that many agree with him. I see him as conscientiously caring about what happens to his country. I've seen him change his mind and his course to adapt to what works best and what is right, which a bigot doesn't do. I'd like to see a poll that asks who loves their country more…Trump or Obama. I know what Mayor Guiliani would say lol.

14. Ike Willis

Registered

Seems to me that any country that is such easy pickings is more of a recruitment tool than one with an armed population, ready for a fight. And Obama spent about 7 years riling up the people. Now he wants to disarm us.

Marilyn Pahl and Brittany Houser like this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't say that I'm wild about Trump but I do agree that we should be sure the ones we allow to immigrate won't start killing us. I don't see any way to be certain of that right now. I think we should calm down and take time to be as sure as we can be.