Controlled Opposition

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Dwight Ward, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

https://www.mintpressnews.com/tucker-carlson-biography-nicaragua-cia/279782/

This well written and not-too-long article makes a good case that Carlson is just distracting us from the real enemy and may even be a Cia asset. The article ends with this:

Ultimately, while Carlson – like others – has found a massive audience for his populist sentiment, careful scrutiny of his background and past statements prove that this is little more than an act. In the same manner as Bill O’Reilly, this elitist trust-fund kid has managed to make his audience believe that he is a radical outsider working on behalf of ordinary people like him, despite the fact that the billionaire-owned Fox News has given him a platform and a multimillion-dollar contract.

Despite his family’s wealth and close connections with state power, he has convinced millions that he is on their side. Yet Tucker Carlson is no threat to the establishment; in fact, he is one of their greatest assets.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When you reach the pinnacle of viewership as a political wonk, you can expect the occasional hit piece, which is what that article smells like. The article doesn't seem to map to what's known about Carlson or his parents.

Michelle Anderson likes this.
  3. Dwight Ward

Registered

I wouldn't expect that from MintPress. What do you see in that article that is specifically in error?

4. John West

Registered

For starters, I didn't think Tucker's parents were wealthy. His mother was a hippie artist in Frisco and father was orphaned and became a bit of a gonzo reporter - not the stuff of great wealth that I can see. Also, his father's links to govt. funded VOA don't make for a good connection to the CIA.

Edit Note: From Wikipedia: MintPress News is a left-leaning American online news website founded and edited by Mnar Adley which was launched in January 2012 and employs many Russia Today affiliates. It

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Dwight Ward

Registered

If the VOA was funded by the CIA when the father wrote for them, I think it's plausible that he had some connections there.
    The article is right in its main theses that Carlson targets leftists and democrats rather than bankers, globalists and corporate thieves.
    I try to get my information from all sides. I'll try to verify what you're saying about the parents. Stop giving me work. Sigh.

6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

As the Nazis use to say wprk begets freedom!o_O

Don Alaska and Dwight Ward like this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course Tucker Carlson doesn't believe it.

It is very lucrative to be able to say anything, be convincing, and be able to do it with no thought of the consequences. Only a few can stomach doing that. I doubt Carlson has any core beliefs, or cares about "the establishment" or the CIA, or anything, but himself.

Beth Gallagher and Dwight Ward like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I appreciate a lot of what Tucker Carlson says, but I wouldn't discount the idea that he is the controlled opposition, much the role that Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck once served, and still serve only for a smaller audience. When people become unhappy with one political faction, it serves that faction well to have someone who can gather the opposition together, to prevent them from forming an effective coalition. I won't forget that just before the 2020 elections, Tucker Carlson began attacking Trump. My wife and I argue about Tucker Carlson since she loves his show.

Yvonne Smith and Dwight Ward like this.
  9. John West

Registered

You should consider the idea that the CIA secretly funds a number of organizations for a number of reasons, one of which is to spot and perhaps recruit talent. That someone is employed by such an organization doesn't mean they are employed by, have any real connection with or knowledge of the CIA.

Dwight Ward likes this.
  10. Dwight Ward

Registered

I'm no longer sure that Tucker is dishonest. Some folks tend to avoid things which make the world seem horrible or life unlivable. I can be wrong.

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

12. Al Amoling

Registered

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I agree. That Neil Cavuto makes me want to stab something.

Teresa Levitt and Dwight Ward like this.
  14. Al Amoling

Registered

And then there' Laura Ingraham, and the brunette on Outnumbered(she's s annoying I can't remember her name)

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

What about that crazy "judge" Jeanine or whatever her name is. Sheesh. (Funny that we can't stand them but we know who they are, lol.)

John Brunner likes this.