Uh-oh, Now The Lawyers Want To Get Involved

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Thomas Windom, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, if there’s anything that might set these woke companies back on the path of simply minding their business, it’s a class action suit.

“On Tuesday, America First Legal took to Twitter on a fishing expedition looking for disgruntled shareholders who have seen their investments flow down the drain faster than a barrel of Bud Light since the beer’s embrace of transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney led to a weeks-long boycott that shows no sign of stopping.

“ATTENTION: Are you a shareholder of @Target @Kohls @abinbev, or other companies that are promoting transgender, LGBTQ and PRIDE products and diminishing shareholder value? We want to hear from you,” the law firm posted.”

]https://www.westernjournal.com/bud-light-may-now-lawsuit-hands-shareholder-values-tank

Bobby Cole, Ed Wilson and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This morning I started my own "campaign." Each retailer who sends an email add touting "Pride Month" is getting scratched off my shopping list. So far, I have sent emails to Macy's and Brahmin handbags, and unsubscribed from their advertising emails. I won't shop with them again. I have been annoyed by this for a few years now and have decided not to put my money where my aggravation is.

I'm sure they couldn't care less about my opinion, but hopefully more people like me will finally start talking with their wallets.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The SEC no longer cares if publicly traded companies act in the best interests of their shareholders. Today's measurement is ESG scores. It will be interesting to see the tensions between shareholders and yet another activist regulatory agency.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just read a thing that much of the "stimulus" money printed by the government was used by activist groups to buy stock in some companies. That buoyed the market and is now being used to blackmail the leadership of some companies into pushing the "Woke" agenda. Bud Light sales have plummeted and Target is now being hit. Target has pushed the extremist viewpoint for some years, as they are based in Minneapolis and that city has totally fallen off the earth--another once-fine city that has crashed due to crazy leadership just like San Francisco. I once loved to go to both places, just as I once loved NYC. I wouldn't willingly spend time in any of those places now.

5. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We’re both pretty bad that way. We used to go into DC to visit the museums and to the inner harbor in Baltimore. The latter is so bad now they’re thinking about tearing it all down, used to be a thriving retail scene. We haven’t visited either of those places in many years.

When we got tickets to see Nightwish play at the lyric theater in Baltimore, we took a test run down there around noon to scout out the general area and have an ingress and egress plan. It was right across from a university and seemed to be OK but who knows. Ridiculous.

6. John Brunner

Yup. The Baltimore Civic Center used to also be a thriving venue. I've spent lots of time at the DC sites, sometimes driving there at 10PM on a summer weeknight just to sit at the base of the Washington Monument and contemplate life. I've often said that the only price I pay for my pastoral settings it the loss of those museums, but I have no idea what the current environs are. What sucks is that the decay of those places is emblematic of the inner decay that's taken place in a growing number of citizens. Those in charge elevate nothing and no one; to wit, the topic of this conversation. They only destroy.

Thomas Windom and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm interested in seeing if the Budweiser Clydesdales will still be used in promoting Budweiser and if so how. Will they have pink ribbons tied to their manes perhaps?

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Only if they identify as Shetland Ponies. :p

9. John Brunner

Clydesdale-lite.

Bobby Cole, Ed Wilson and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

One of the worst displays I've seen was when butt hole sucked tongue with his man wife on the stage while campaigning for prezziedent. On a good note today I watched old joe fall on his face and the Air Force Officers had to stand him upright. I was kinda hoping he takes up sky diving instead of bike riding.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I think the secret service leapt into action and wrestled the "sandbag" into submission.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher - good for you, more people should do the same.. After looking up companies who promote this crap, there are so many that it may be a problem for some to give up, Microsoft, Coca cola, American Airlines,Hp, IBM- list goes on. These companies may not approach any of us to support the cause ,but gives an idea how wide spread this is. Also learned many companies were behind this type of promoting before it became popular.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Even Walmart has gone woke. They undercut competition making it hard to find another place to spend your dollars.

14. John Brunner

What has Walmart done? (I'm running out of places to shop.)

15. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Walmart is only doing business as the rest are doing but they still have a few things cheap not that I shop there except online. I was talking to the cashier at the dollar store and she told me that walmart has become very expensive to shop so with all this salary raising, the price of living went up to 15 bucks an hour make no mistake about it. I do know the only place I can get good prices for my computer components is Amazon and they ship pretty fast. This morning I got my last CPU to be placed in the last upgrade build and on time as it was promised. I had a second package which surprised me because my last graphics card is not due until next week the 6th and last night it was still in Ohio.

This other mystery package was COVID testing kits and a whole box like it was for a platoon of GIs. This is where all our tax dollars are going, right back to big pharma and I have a whole truck load of the crap. If I were sick I would know what it was simply because I don't get sick and should I feel sick I would know to go to the emergency room. I wonder if the stuff is flammable, lately with my luck and my truck this heat might cause an explosion. Don't laugh I did have that happen once in San Diego, I loaned my station wagon to my Brother and he was gone two days. He came home and my wagon was just absolutely mangled inside. I jacked him up and after a long time I discovered I had left a pound of freon in the back of the wagon and that one pound can of freon just blew carpet and dirt and trash everywhere. He wasn't in the car at the time most probably laying out on the beach passed out.