Ukraine

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Ukrainians have been using civilians for shields throughout the war, but the Western media doesn't cover that. Propaganda has been used by the the combatants to drum up support since war has existed, but now the propaganda reaches beyond borders. Of course, I think the U.S. and the UK are both combatants in this war. If the consequences reach to Western countries, the war will become less popular.

Dwight Ward likes this.
  2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Her's another interesting piece of the puzzle..Sanatore Rick Scott of Florida says it's time to have a new party because of the way the current batch of Republicans act.. namely they don't act according to their principles.. They act as Rhinos. rick-scott-launches-ad-blitz-urging-republicans-change-party

Dwight Ward likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I may be part of a two-pronged moved into Ukraine. Putin has declared a 36-hour unilateral cease-fire supported by the Russian Orthodox Church to allow the troops to celebrate Christmas. May be a move to allow him to move units around, but perhaps is sincere. Ukraine has long ago exhausted their resources, both human and material and is living only on what NATO, i.e., the U.S., gives it. Last I read, Ukraine had drafted all males to the age of 60.

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I just read some scuttlebutt coming out of the Biden Administration by backchannels. Don't know the reliability of the info. Apparently there is some fear that the Russians may be able to stage a coup and take Zelenskyy out or buy him off and take over the government. If NATO ships billions of dollars of high tech arms into Ukraine, Russia would then be possession of every armament they didn't get from our flight from Afghanistan, including tanks and Patriot missiles and other anti-aircraft technology. Something I hadn't thought about. There are still Russian sympathizers in Ukraine.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

A real mans man..:rolleyes:And Russia wants this man in control, I think not?

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This has been my fear all along; to have all our latest weapons technology used against us.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think we're all pretty even on the battlefield, now the electronics is another story. The Russians are still not too good at dissecting and copying electronic components. They were still flying fighter aircraft in the early 70s using tube radio equipment. They have come a long way but if you look closely at their ground forces they are designed to protect the home country, not lay siege or move outside their own home turf. Even all their aircraft are overbuilt to allow landing and takeoff on very rough terrain such as they would need to do because their few airfields they have would be leveled in the opening night of a war with NATO. The Russians already know this and they continue to build aircraft that weigh a lot more than ours just so they can operate without needing large bases as we have in all of NATO. Our intelligence is much better than most people realize and they can't do anything we don't already know about. They will simply take what our leaders allow them to take. To me that is a pretty scary idea with the likes of what we now have in guberment. :eek:

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

This a long video, but good, explaining how we use war to redirect the attention of our citizens away from what is happening to us here. Why we are hated around the world etc. Ukraine is at the start of WWIII and taking all the rest of what we have since we won't wake up.
    Towards the end, He suggests RFK and Judge Napolitano as third party President and VP.
    ?

10. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It was hard to watch, but I did ... about half of it.

Was that actually Zelenskyy ?

I didn't know he was .... like that.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

It appears that the U.S. and German will be sending tanks to the Ukraine.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Unless we send the necessary crews to operate said tanks, it’s just few more billion bucks going to waste.

Stark novices in the operation of modern tanks against well trained and seasoned Russian operators.
    It’s a given that the probability of having tanks against tanks in such a spread out war is weak, but with the news, the Russians will be prepared for Ukraine’s new toys.

New toys and money isn’t going to keep more Ukrainians alive.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

14. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Maybe it’s just me but I think I would be careful about how far, and how hard, to push Putin. I could imagine him thinking that this long, drawn out approach is just not working and maybe it’s best to hit the big red button, let the dust settle and start from scratch.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not to mention the technology involved with the tanks ... that could easily be used against us ..... at a later date . Technology that the Russians will be able to reverse engineer for years .

Bobby Cole likes this.