Uvalde, Texas Elementry School Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Faye Fox, May 24, 2022.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems there is no end to the mental illness sweeping the USA. How sad to think every school needs to be locked and entry only after an armed guard asked for ID and the person goes through a detector.

Not much is known now except that 14 elementary kids and one teacher dead. Several were injured and transported to the hospital.

The shooter was shot by the police. The shooter killed his grandmother before the school rampage.

Uvalde is a border town. No reason for the shooting is known yet. It breaks my heart that someone was so mentally ill that they would kill little kids. At least he is dead and won't be released on bail or cost taxpayers to live in prison for life or get the death penalty after 20 years in jail.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Unfortunately there are a hundred thousand or more just waiting for their chance to prove just how crazy they are. I've already posted my thoughts on yesterday and the end result is to turn off all news for several days. I totally blame these morons that call themselves elected officials and leaders. You know, the ones that get their base fired up with "get into their faces". If I had the power I would arrest half the congress for treason and high crimes, instigating violence against anyone who won't give into their sick demented definition of being a leader. We have no leaders and haven't had any for so long there are no role models to make new leaders. They have foreigners that have lived here but 10 years and allowed them to run for congress which took an amendment to allow it to happen and naturally both parties signed onto that mess. Our schools are now overran by communist and tyrants, unions and assorted sick people. I am so happy I do not have children entrusted to what those types of cowards and idiots aspire to. It seems everyone except those that actually have an investment in this country "hate America". I think it is long overdue to start shipping a bunch out of America. Drop them off on some distant island and give them seed and a tent and let them figure it out.

Bobby Cole, Tony Page and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ditto! Bullseye!

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

And only in America :(

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Are there any true Americans left? It's a disgrace what happened to the pride in America? Now I have to worry about my grandkids going to school, not only from mass murderers but by teaches that are teaching anti-American principles.
    In my book you're either a patriot or a traitor.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Tony, it just depends on what you mean by "anti-American principles"?

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Seems like we have an enormous amount of mental illness in America today. Some want help and get it, while others refuse it. Just what can be done with those that refuse help? Something sets them off and bad things happen.

8. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Prayers and condolences for all the families in Uvalde.

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The highest ever school shootings, 34, happened in 2021 under the Biden administration. I think it clearly tells us that the breakdown of American society by the Democrats, is not about guns, but disrespect for law and order, authority, traditional values, and increasing mental illness.

When an 18-year-old with known mental problems kills his grandmother and then little kids, it is embarrassing for the nation and a weak cowardly president that uses the tragic incident to lobby for a ban on "assault" weapons. Hold the people responsible who knew of his mental illness and did nothing. Hold whoever sold him the guns responsible, not the manufacturers. Hold the Democratic party accountable for their assault on law and order.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Was going to post something, but I'm finding a couple of different stories being reported about what I was going to post. Luckily, I checked online reports before completing my post.

So, will wait on posting.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Where did you get information that mental illness what part of this?

As for wife and I, we are totally against "assault" type weapons. But, that is our choice to feel that way. Nobody in our families own them and we only know one person that owns one and we don't know him that well.

However, we do own firearms (4).

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't see that Biden has anything to do with these mass shootings happening. But, society has to find someone to blame. Family, friends, whomever.

13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Here's one from a newspaper:

"New bills in Congress plan to force Critical Race Theory on children in the name of civics education, planting hatred of America in the minds of the next generation. "

14. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It is very strange that when elections are nearing there is a rash of lawlessness, I feel pretty sure a lot of this is tempered by the left and all you have to do is tune into the fake news and stay long enough to hear all the BS. There will be another huge gun buy fueled by this silly talk from the idiots in DC. I don't own a gun any longer and all I have is an aluminum baseball bat beside my bed. Rest assured if I were forced to be working again and had to commute out into society again I would definitely be armed. Our Nation is a war zone in every major city out there. Most of it is due to drug peddlers, which should be hung if they are caught peddling drugs of any kind. We have no laws that would prevent someone from selling drugs. Of course this sicko yesterday was totally brain dead to begin with. You will never stop the sickos from killing unarmed children. Now in the 50s he would have never made it to the jailhouse if he or anyone else survived something so terrible. Criminals have created a sub culture that feed off the money being tossed around to the courts and lawyers and they have greed as the number one driving force in the poor decision making we see. The French had the right idea removing all their criminals to an island that was pretty desolate. That's what is needed today but then all the bleeding hearts would be crying out how terrible it was to treat the animals that way. I don't think we can sustain all the damage being done and out of necessity one day things are going to get pretty bad for criminals.

Faye Fox and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I don't know. For sure you are a tough, actually very tough, former Soldier, Nam era.

I've never really been that way, but I was Navy and only certain rates in the Navy were called "tough" along with Navy Seals. I was not in a "tough" Navy rating. Basically, pretty laid-back onboard ship.

But, I will commend you on your thoughts.