Walk On The Beach

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Richard Paradon, May 8, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Instead of walking around the neighborhood today, we decided to walk on the beach. It was still pretty early, about 8:30 so it was nice because there were not too many people there. Also there was quite a bit of heavy thunder so most people probably felt more secure just staying in their homes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Pretty pics, it looks very peaceful.I love seeing where other people live, it's a window into their world. Thanks for the peek ;). I prefer to visit/walk on the beach when it's deserted, as well. If the sun shines at some point next week, I plan to go down there. Once the kids are out of school, the beach gets crazy here, and traffic picks up in the neighborhood, too, so I tend to go more during the off season than during the late Spring/Summer.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Richard Paradon

Registered

Thanks Diane, I am trying to take more pictures when I go places. It always slips my mind as after seeing the same sites they are so common to me that I rarely take a second glance,

4. Diane Lane

Registered

Well, they're new to me, and I'd love to see them, so feel free to share all the pics you want. Years ago, someone chastised me, saying that the pictures I took looked like postcards. I said thanks, and took it as a compliment, although that's not how it was intended. He meant I took pictures of places and scenery, rather than people, which is what I prefer. I take pictures of family and friends occasionally, but I prefer pics of my pets and nature, those are what relax me the most.

Von Jones and Richard Paradon like this.
  5. Richard Paradon

Registered

I like taking pictures of life, although many are buildings and scenery. Thanks for the encouragement!

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We normally do that, my husband and I, whenever we go on a beach resort. We wake up before sunrise and just stroll on the sand. It's nice to bond that way. Lately, we were bringing our dogs with us together with that early morning stroll. You get a different sensation walking barefooted but sometimes I cannot walk on barefoot when the sand is not that clean. We have 3 dogs but we bring along only 2 because the other 1 is hyperactive and the sand is not a good venue for him.

The photo was taken during out last vacation late in May to the beach resort in the province of Bataan, Philippines. We particularly liked this beach because it is not crowded.
    IMG_1612 cory dogs beach RESIZED.jpg

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

My local beach is not as beautiful, but it still have great views and I like to go there for early morning walks. Sometimes I get the whole beach to myself, but usually there are a few joggers on the seafront and dog owners in areas where dogs are allowed on the beach.

The funniest thing was when I was walking on a misty morning. It was actually more of a thick sea fog when I arrived at part of the beach which is sometimes used by nudists. Just as I arrived there was a naked man who had just emerged from the sea and was shaking himself dry like a dog. I think he was just as surprised to see me emerging from the mist as I was to see him, but I have no problem with nudity and just walked on by as if it was nothing unusual.

8. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

One of my early morning strolls, with the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop. Note coffee in hand. o_O image.jpg

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Registered

Beautiful, I love beach pics, and seeing where everyone lives/spends time at the shore, or elsewhere. This was taken yesterday or the day before, it's of the current weather, and even though Tropical Storm Bill has been downgraded, he's still dropping quite a bit of rain here.

Attached Files: