Was There A Reset In Our History Timeline, Are We Being Told The Truth?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Yvonne Smith, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Look on the bright side, if you wear flowers in your hair, go all out and wear the flowerpot, plenty of manure fertilizer laying around.

2. Dennis Compton

Dennis Compton Active Member
    Registered

Ancient architects and builders certainly didn't have the technology that we do but they did have an abundance of cheap labour (also known as slavery) not to mention the luxury of time. It took 182 years to build the Notre Dame Cathedral so even with rudimentary technology and primitive equipment it wasn't really the impossible feat that it appears to have been.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Not to mention that back then they were building for the "glory" of their God or their pharaoh or their king. I can't see throngs of people today working 18 hours a day in horrible conditions because they're crazy about the president or the prime minister.

Plus....it's amazing what you can get done without OSHA breathing down your neck.

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't think most had a choice. KInda like the old Bob Dylan song,' your gonna have to serve somebody', one way or the other most of us work for the man.
    Welfare is just another way to enslave and, in some cases, more deadly than slavery.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

So guess you always worked for a poor man? You do understand that most rich men were poor men wanting to be rich.
    A poor man will rip you off just as fast as a rich man will. It's a dog-eat-dog world.
    Jeff just enjoy it and glad you live in a world where you don't have to be a king to enjoy luxury that billions can even imagine..

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is another interesting video about some of the older public facilities that were supposedly built during a time when very people people even lived in the area, yet the buildings were huge, and were beautiful architecture.
    An interesting part is about a huge rock wall in Texas that was found by a farmer who was digging a well, and discovered the buried wall. It is in a place called Rockwall, Texas, which was named after the buried wall.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Another thought I had recently, if you think about it, we live better than kings of old. Huge stone castles? Drafty, cold damp walls...we live in heated of air conditioned comfort. (I have my finished basements:rolleyes:) They had the best of foods available--we have fresh foods any time of the year from around the world, cooked instantly, if we we want...They had the best clothing available--we have choice of fabrics that can be WASHED regularly or dry cleaned if a silk or velvet...We can travel hundreds of miles in relative comfort instead of being jostled in a coach going maybe 20 miles a day...

John Houlihan and Marie Mallery like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

This is a library in Austria, and it is just beyond beautiful ! We don’t build anything anywhere nearly this elaborate anymore, and it had to have had people of amazing talent to create the paintings on that ceiling.

IMG_5136.jpeg

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Men have had the skills to build magnificent structures clear back to the beginning of ancient Egypt (4,000 B.C.) Consider what the ancient Greeks built in the 4th century B.C. (the Parthenon.) Not to mention what the Romans did.(the Panthenon, a huge UNSUPPORTED DOME that was not equaled until the Houston Astro Dome. The French built absolutely fabulous cathedrals St Denis and Notre Dame back in the 11th century A.D.

When mankind has the desire, there is almost no limit to what they can achieve.
    PS: I suggest a wonderful novel named PILLARS OF THE EARTH. A truly great story.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  11. Mary Stetler

Registered

Not physical buildings. But a reset could be coming.
    I loved Candace Owens when I saw her during Trump presidency. She told black to stop being victims and the vocal blacks often put her down.
    But the movement is spreading where blacks are freeing themselves from a political party and realizing a new way to follow.
    This is a long one. Maybe start from minute 20.
    They now know Black Lives Matter was not for helping blacks. I am pleased with this group of young men in their search.

Tom Galty likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

I agree with what you are saying also, @Mary Stetler ; but what i am looking for in this thread is evidences of some kind of a reset in past history. Some people think that we might have had them every 200 years or less, which would have made the last one in the turn of the 1700-1800.
    There are beautiful old buildings that we can’t duplicate even today, and no one even tries anymore, buildings are made to be functional and sometimes totally downright ugly now.

Those older buildings would have needed expert painters and wood/stone workers , and when new towns were just getting started here in the US, where would you find enough people everywhere to build these magnificent buildings.
    The discrepancies are interesting.
    You see people living in shabby wooden shacks, but there is a magnificent brick or stone building and it is a mental institution…… WHY would they even need one, let alone a huge one ?

IMG_5146.jpeg

13. Yvonne Smith

Here is an interesting thing. Not only are there very similar ancient arches in different countries around the world, they are all missing the center top piece. What was there and why was it important enough to have it removed from all of these ancient arches ?

IMG_5159.jpeg

14. Mary Stetler

Registered

There would have to be angles cut in the stones somehow to make the arches to replace the angles cut in the center stone.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

There were plenty of photographers running around the west in the 1850s. Once the old daguerreotypes were replaced by processes that required seconds rather than minutes of exposure, a lot of photographers set up studios in New England and New York. And I mean a LOT!

There were not enough people who would pay for portraits in the east. Many moved westward and some got jobs with newspoapers. But some did their own thing.

Mathew Brady took photos of John Quncy Adams, Edgar Allen Poe, and of Lincoln, but he was most famous for taking pictures of the Civil War. Thousands of them. Hard as it is to believe, he had a mobile studio/darkroom he carried with him. Lincoln granted him permission to photograph the war in 1861.

Getty has tens of thousands of photos from the Oregon Trail. And some of the most expressive are those from the Depression and the Dust Bowl. There seems to be something attractive to many about faces of those in pain or fear.

The shortest way to say what I’m trying to say is that there were many photographers running around in young America, and it seems that their works were well-distributed.

However, to answer your second question, my answer would be this: Absolutely not!

Ken Anderson likes this.