Was There An Ancient Highly Developed Civilization?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have all seen the pictures of the pyramids in Central America, and South America; but an interesting fact is coming to light concerning pyramids right here in North America, as well.
    This video shows one in Illinois; but there are others in different parts of the country. Some are much smaller than this one pictured in Illinois, and in most places they are simply called "mounds", and no one knows who made them, or when.
    Apparently, even the Native American Indians do not know who built these pyramids either, and when asked about them, will say that they are not part of their culture.
    There seems to be about three ideas of the origin of these pyramids, both here and in the southern part of the Americas.
    The most accepted theory is that people who had seen the pyramids in Egypt some how came across and settled in the Americas, and built the pyramids. The second theory, is the reverse, which would be that ancient people from here went to Egypt and built pyramids there.
    The third theory is that there was at one time a civilization so advanced and so widespread that they traveled all over the world and built the pyramids. That one makes the most sense to me.

When I lived in western Washington, there were mounds out there, but they were pretty small ones, and most people thought they were some sort of Indian burial mounds, although I don't think that there was any definitely knowledge of when and how they were built.
    They are called the "Mima Mounds".
    Whatever the pyramids are for, they seem to have been built in many different areas all over the world, and some of the latest ones to be found were in Afghanistan, if I remember right, and there are also some huge ones in Russia.
    This video is the first one in a series, and if you subscribe to this person's channel, you can watch more of the videos in this series.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Where did these smart people go?

I can believe aliens because that's the most logical to me.

There is one in St Louis near the Mississippi I think but I've never visited it although it's only about a half hour from my son's home.

If your video mentions that one Yvonne, I'm sorry. I just don't have the patience to watch a video that's more than 2-3 minutes long lately.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    John Nopales and Sheldon Scott like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Here is an interesting tidbit I found while reading about the one in St. Louis.

It is hard to determine how many mounds were built in North America, for many have been destroyed by modern civilization – but there were many. One hundred and fifty years ago, for example, there were approximately 20,000 Indian mounds in Wisconsin alone, with a large portion of them alongside the Mississippi River. Now, after a century of plowing, town construction and urban sprawl [2] , there are less than 2,000 mounds remaining in the state.

As anyone who was in the area in 1927 would tell you: the Mississippi floods. In that year over one thousand people drowned, almost a million people were forced from their homes, and over five million acres of farmland were ruined. Regular flooding replenishes the soil in this region and makes it rich. This is the same reason the ancient Egyptians lived alongside the Nile. In fact, the similarities between the Mississippi and the Nile (floods and pyramids) caused the original settlers of Illinois to name new towns after places in Egypt, such as Goshen, Cairo and Thebes.

Yvonne Smith and Sheldon Scott like this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting audio video. He is right that there is a mountain of evidences in this country that we are just beginning to realize is even here. One reason is that there had to be duration of time passing between the invasion of this country and now. Many countries histories through the centuries that have gone through the process of being overrun by another counrty has proven that as the new comes in, the old must be eradicated.

At the time this happened to the Northeastern part of America, the invading country had developed a sence of what is socially exceptable, and annihilating a large population bothered many. So the story of eliminating a few violent savages made "colonizing" much more exceptable. But this has been happening since time began all over the world.

But, I too think it's time to dig under the myths in our own country. We might learn much. My grandmother believed there were different ancesters long ago that are no longer with man today.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

There are a whole lot of interesting looking videos on Youtube, @Ina I. Wonder , if you go there and search for ancient America, or similar search terms. Most of them are at least an hour long, and I haven't wanted to post those here since they are so long; but there are some that look interesting and I intend to watch them myself.
    Here is an interesting map that was on one that I started looking at, and it shows all of the places in the United States, and down into Mexico, where the bones of giants have been found, indicating that at one time, there were some pretty large inhabitants here, who are not likely to have been related to the American Indians that must have come later,
    image.jpeg

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I looked at that link Yvonne. I think it's a satire or something. In the upper left corner, it states:

[​IMG]

Some of the other featured "stories" -
    ‘Buddha ate children’, ‘Muhammad was married to camel’, claims controversial Christian school book

Canadian hunters shoot down a terrifying 45-lbs mosquito

Boston: Members of Midget Crime Gang Suspected of 55 Break-ins

It's really a funny site!

At the bottom it reads-
    "World News Daily Report assumes all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any person, living, dead or undead, is purely a miracle.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

You are right, @Ruby Begonia !

I had read about Smithsonian destroying artifacts before, and when I saw this article posted, I didn’t pay close enough attention to who was putting it out.
    Since I have seen this assertion before, I will see if there’s is a more credible article about it.
    Thank you so much for pointing this out to me !
    There is a lot of evidence of giants, just like there are pygmys, and most of the older civilizations have legends of giants, so I really think that there were such people at one point in time.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Ken Anderson and Ruby Begonia like this.
  9. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Yvonne, the idea led me to look further and I found this:
    https://grahamhancock.com/dewhurstr1/ I began reading, but it's so long and My eyes want TV. LOL< I hope it's on the level...

The site you posted was so funny tho' ! I gotta thank you.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

There's no denying though the 'many' pyramids across our world
    We watch programmes every week on the subject of UFOs - aliens - monuments etc
    Half of what is stated we can well believe, the rest - we don't
    The outcome for us is - we believe in extra terrestrials for sure

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Saw a programme last night, truly amazing the 'amount' of pyramids being discovered across all continents

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

It is amazing, @Patsy Faye , and we have not even begun to find all of them yet. Because they are thousands of years old, many have been overgrown and just look like hills now. When they can use the sensors that can actually see the shape of the “hill”, then they can tell that it was actually a man made pyramid and not a natural hill.
    These come in sizes from the smaller mounds, to the gigantic almost mountain-sized ones, and we really have no idea what they were originally made for.
    Many archeologists do agree that they were not simple burial mounds, although some were later used for that, as well.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yes a lot are overgrown and some deliberately so
    They are also sure there are a lot more in Egypt too, covered by sand, they are using sensors now
    They have also discovered pyramids have an energy source which, they believe aliens harnessed
    Also, across the world, many cultures depict 'birdmen' in statue form or carvings, the theory being that
    the aliens that visited could fly and so were depicted that way - fascinating to ponder on

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Oldest Egyptian Writing on Papyrus
    [​IMG]

"The Diary of Merer (Papyrus Jarf A and B) is the name for papyrus logbooks written over 4,500 years ago that record the daily activities of stone transportation from the Tura limestone quarry to and from Giza during the 4th Dynasty. They are the oldest known papyri with text.[1][2] The text was found in 2013 by a French mission under the direction of archaeologists Pierre Tallet [fr] of Paris-Sorbonne University and Gregory Marouard in a cave in Wadi al-Jarf on the Red Sea coast.[3][4][5][6] The text is written with hieroglyphs and hieratic on papyrus.[1] The diary of Merer, a middle ranking official with the title inspector (sHD), is thought to date to the 26th year of the reign of Pharaoh Khufu[7] and describes several months of work with the transportation of limestone from Tura to Giza.[8] Though the diary does not specify where the stones were to be used or for what purpose, given the diary may date to what is widely considered the very end of Khufu's reign, Tallet believes they were most likely for cladding the outside of the Great Pyramid. "

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Bess Barber and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

There have been so many fake artifacts produced through the past years until it always makes you question the authenticity. I wonder how they didn't find it previously since so much has been sifted through in this area. However, if proven true, it's a remarkable find for sure!

Bobby Cole likes this.