Water Leak Detector

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ed Wilson, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

One morning I went down to the basement to do some laundry and heard a noise I had not heard before. A quick look told me that the water heater was leaking all over the floor and the puddle was getting bigger. Before it turned into a lake I shut off the main. Five hours later the plumbers had installed a new water heater and all was well except I had to continue mopping up the floor.

It was only by a lucky coincidence that it happened on a day when I was doing laundry and had timed it early in the leak, so I needed an alarm of some sort. Fortunately there are many at Amazon, so I got this type showing two but I bought four.
    upload_2021-9-18_12-10-52.jpeg

Two now flank the new water heater and two more flank the toilet. For a couple bucks I have some peace of mind. I did test them and they work but I hope I never have to hear them go off except when I test again in a few months. Someone posted in a review that you can make them more efficient if they are placed on a paper towel or tissue. I used a tissue and it’s true. I highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=water+le...=4&qid=1631979667&rnid=2941120011&ref=sr_pg_3