Well We Are Waiting, What About Trump’s Taxes ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joyce Senior

The basic problem with discussing the "personal worth" of any established business-person, or politician for that matter, is that the "net worth" is based on the value of public indebtedness which is ever-changing, non-constant, and usually calculated by the value of stock and bonds.

Thus, Bezos hovers along with the likes of Gates, etc., as "world's richest individual", a circumstance as shaky as a house of cards.

Frank

2. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

How many barrels of the liberal Kool-Aid did you drink? It must have been many.

Al Amoling and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well heck, while we’re at it let’s see Pelosi’s, Schumer’s, Biden’s, Joe’s son’s, Hillary’s and a few more! Why are you and so many people so anxious to see Trump’s tax records? Do you suffer from some type of wealth envy?

Just a clue. If the cold hearted folks who make up the IRS aren’t chasing after D. Trump then maybe you shouldn’t either. And, do you also realize that D. Trump is a civilian now and has absolutely no obligation in any way or form to show anything of any personal nature to anyone.

Al Amoling and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Again, you’re beating some dead horse hoping it might die even more.

Read this carefully: They didn’t have the G7 at the club so there is no way for you or I to ascertain whether the deal Trump was proposing was real or fictitious. Got it?
    You can have an opinion but you have nothing to base it on because the event didn’t even exist. It’s wasted energy. It’s like imagining yourself on the moon. You ain’t going there and you’ve never been there so you will not nor ever will know anything for sure.

And when it comes to telling fabrications, WaPo gave up counting Biden’s a long time ago. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ives-up-on-recording-biden-s-lies/ar-BB1gjze8

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Al Amoling and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Nobody will ever be able to satisfy your hatred of President Trump....Take some time off and cool off.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

If a list of accomplishments of each president were presented sans the president’s name there is no doubt that people would be picking the accomplishments of presidents that they didn’t like or even know about for that matter.

Example: Made 4 promises and kept all four promises including his promise to serve only one term.
    Made a deal with Great Britain and established the Oregon borders
    Separated the Department of the Treasury
    Lowered Tariffs
    Annexed Texas
    Possibly started but under his administration won the Spanish American War opening the way for the creation of new states.

Now, who would that be? Certainly I would think he’d be one of the most honored Presidents of all times but nope, he’s probably one of the most forgotten and for some, one of the most disliked Presidents of all time. How about James K. Polk?

What I’m getting at is if just the accomplishments and kept promises were known then there would be a whole different set of favorites.

7. Joyce Senior

Joyce Senior Well-Known Member
    Registered

This may be so, Frank. However, we're discussing Trump's worth vs. the worth of other politicians. We have every tax return those in this forum are trying to compare Trump to; we don't have Trump's. Therefore, there's no way that a comparison can be made based on any metric.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  8. Joyce Senior

Registered

What's that supposed to mean, Jim? Does it mean we have his tax returns and it's a liberal conspiracy that we don't?

9. Joyce Senior

Registered

The problem is that you're trying to compare Trump's wealth on various metrics to the wealth of other presidents. We have all of their tax returns, but don't have Trump's. I'm not asking for them; I'm saying that you can't make comparisons if you have only his word for what's in them.

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joyce Senior

In this age of "The cheat wins out", there is no way of absolutely verifying the authenticity of any document presented publicly. Perhaps NO document is just as acceptable.

Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

No you don’t have everyone’s tax returns and moreover Trump’s tax returns are HIS business.
    Why are you so adamant about it anyway? Are you trying to find some reason to give yourself a pat on the back for voting for Biden?
    Pat yourself on the back girl. Have a party.

Look, I’m not trying to put you down when I write that whatever mathematical waverings you’re using doesn’t work in this case. We’re not talking about percentages here or metrics of wealth. Just the basic numbers like your 5th grade math teacher would use.
    Trump lost more money during his tenure in office than any other sitting President. Period.

Jim Brown and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Joyce Senior

Registered

Haven't you learned in these various forums, Bobby, that ad hominem arguments don't work with me? And with that, as always seems to happen, I'm going to stop talking to you before this thread, too, gets closed to replies.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Maybe it’s because you argue first and think second instead of thinking first and discussing second.

Every single time you find yourself wrong, you back up and say it’s my fault or someone else’s fault for you going to your basement.
    Are you related to Joe Biden?

So far as the ad hominem goes, you’re the one who has been harping about Trump’s taxes which does put you in that category of offering up that type of argument.
    I made a very simple statement and though you’ve been wrong and redundant numerous times you won’t let the subject go.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I doubt that we have all former presidents tax returns, and quite frankly, I, for one am not interested in any of them. So many past presidents including our present one were as corrupt as the day is long. Most of them begin while in Congress and continue through the Oval Office. In the case of Trump, I doubt his returns are startling at all. He's just plain saying, you show me yours and I'll show you mine. Who cares? Everyone is looking to pin something on him that does not exist. To wit; he is not owned by anyone. But so many, many are. Truman said, "show me a politician who leaves office a rich man, and I'll show you a crook." Oh yes indeed.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I couldn't care less about Trump's taxes, or anyone else's.

Bobby Cole likes this.