What Is The Purpose Of Government?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by D'Ellyn Dottir, Aug 11, 2021.

1. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What do you think government should do? Is government without politics possible? If 1000 people went to live on a planet that had abundant resources and ideal climate, how should they organize their governing rules?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Do what all governments do elect dictators to rule for the big finacial institutions.
    Don't get me wrong I'm all for capitalism just not chrony capitalism.
    All empires fall for basically the same reasons.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

According to Lincoln, government should only do what individuals cannot do for themselves.

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Which government?

America is a Republic. The Fed only has the authority specifically granted by The Constitution. The rest is reserved for the states, so that we have local say-so and local control...and so our local common interests are not compromised by people and groups living far-afield outside of our communities.

I hate it when Federal politicians intentionally obfuscate the distinction by hiding behind the word "government," intentionally eradicating any lines.

I agree with @Don Alaska statement. Beyond that, government merely coerces.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

The Constitution has ammendments thats why the people should be careful who they elect so if any changes are made they will be of benefit to the people not the leaders who will always be ccorrupted with power.They will lie cheat and steal to us and themselves to stay in power and turn to tyrants.
    Yet it sseems now the whole world is on fire with evil. But what is really scary to me is the earth itself is in turmoil and chaos.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@D'Ellyn Dottir

Provide each of the 1000 adult individuals with a reliable firearm and knowledge of how to properly use it, at the outset. Soon, any pursuing criminal instincts will be gone, leaving armed individuals understanding how to live in harmony.

Frank

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

:D:cool:

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We’re supposed to be a republic and moreover, a constitutional republic which by definition is a government whereby we the people and our representatives have the controlling power with an elected individual to serve as president. Our central government is supposed to be in place to protect our rights, not to define our rights. It’s supposed to be a small central hub with little power on it’s own as a government but full power as a constitutional representation of the people.

Our representatives were never supposed to get a paycheck but merely a stipend to keep them from becoming professional politicians. Our representatives were never supposed to become “leaders” but merely ambassadors from a state sent to the capital to represent the people of that state.

The president was never supposed to have the ability to make law just as the Supreme Court was never to have the power to make law but they both do. At the present time there are nearly 300,000 Federal regulations that can be criminally prosecuted even though those regulations have never been passed through congress. And do note, if a person breaks a regulation that person is automatically guilty and has to prove their innocence.
    There’s no “innocent until proven guilty “ process to a regulation.

In short, what our government is supposed to be, it is not. Not by a long shot. We were the government with representatives. Now, we are the people who have allowed others to lead us and they are the government and in full charge of our lives.

And no, it is not possible to have a government without politicians. Anyone who can’t do anything else in life but be a detriment to society can become a politician and or a criminal for which no government has had the ability to rid itself of either.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

People even refer to regulations as "Federal law". It is part of the Progressive agenda to get those elected by the people out of the process of lawmaking and the courts out of the process of deciding on Constitutionality of things and allow the "experts" to make all the decisions.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." -- George Washington

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Washington is the biggest book by volume and body that I ever read, and Washington was one heck of a man. It was well worth the read even if I forgot most of it.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=27b3...pZmUtUm9uLUNoZXJub3cvZHAvMDE0MzExOTk2Ng&ntb=1

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yup.
    And, if a law is proposed, it can be immediately shot down by the Supreme Court if it doesn’t jive with the Constitution but:
    if a regulation is approved via committee then it is binding until such a time when it is opposed and then it has to go through a submission to a lower court (suit) for judgement which could take months or even years for that regulation to be upheld, amended or deleted by the courts.

Presently, there are about 90,000 regulations but only around 4,500 actual laws.
    To me, that means that I have 90,000 ways to be found guilty until proven innocent which soils the very fiber that the Constitution is written upon.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Ralf Mannheim

Ralf Mannheim Well-Known Member
    Registered

It's part of what Rousseau states is a social contract. Man cannot survive by himself and must form an association with others in order to do so. That means giving up part of his rights so that the group can be maintained.

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Seems today it is to totally change America, below is best I've heard this month about the change that is noit coming but already here,