What Kind Of Music Collection Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Marie Mallery, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I lost some of my older collections so yesterday I ordered some new oldies and one fairly new CD .I like Rogers songs of old England especially The Last Farewell.Now I have a good collection to listen to if the shtf .
    Naturally by JJ Cale
    Escondito By JJCale and Eric Clapton
    Roger Whittiker

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Both CD's and DVD's of Classic Rock (Boston, AC/DC, Van Halen, Deep Purple, Heart, Santana, ELO, Journey and so on), some Country (Brooks & Dunn, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Diamond Rio, The Judds, Terry Clark and so on) and, believe it or not, even a few CD's of Ed Sullivan Show of Motown groups and rock groups.
    We even have a PBS CD called The 60's Rock Experience Live that cost us $125.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I collect all kinds of music, from Jazz to classical. Since I started listening to music at the tail end of the big band era I have a large big band collection, then it was the pop artist back then, and the beginning of Rock and roll, then doo wop.
    My biggest collection for one artist is Frank Sinatra. When he passed reprise record company came out with a 20 CD set of all the recordings he did with them. I have this collection loaded in my Sony Mega CD player and listen to them often. I have most of his recordings that he did with capital, and some of the real early stuff on Columbia.
    I guess I spend most of my time listening to the music from the 40s 50s and 60s because that's what I enjoy and that's where most of my collection is from. More current artist I collect are Billy Joel, Michael Buble, and damaged some of the Rock Bands.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Looks like you have broad appreciation for music,me too.

6. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

All my oldies are from the 50s like the Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly etc. all bought at https://www.oldies.com/. I listen mostly in the winter when I'm stuck inside. My next purchases will probably be from the early 60s protest songs and some from the Rolling Stones.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Seems we all like a variety unlike most of our younger generation now. I will saymy oldest grandkids do like some Strsuss,Pop.Classic rock,but not all of them.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

I like all those too. I have lots of them on CD lost all vynals in flood.

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Jazz, classical, big band, blues, soul, rock, just about everything except for rap and country...I even have a couple of Sing Along With Mitch albums.

Marie Mallery and Tony Page like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I do like two rap songs to exercise to.Ice,Ice Baby and Can't Touch This.
    Lyrics aren't bad and the performers aren't ' gansters rappers' one is a Christian.
    I get lost in the music sometimes.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, but no really old Country, as in Waylon Jennings, Lorretta Lynn, Little Jimmy Dickens and such. Actually, my wife totally introduced me to Motown music. While in high school, she grew up with that sound, living in Lincoln Park, Michigan. Where I lived, in northeastern Indiana farming country, we had no black music at all. But, now I love Motown as well as Earth, Wind & Fire and Kool and the Gang.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

I saw EWF at a club in 1975 in Fort Lauderdale,saw lots of coming to age groups in that club.Santana was there too. Four O Clock Club.
    I like all the old bands too plus one of my favorites was The Temptations,Even some Johhny Mathis.
    now and then I like The Three Tenors too which is totally opposite .

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, Marie, my wife was asked out by two very well known musicians, back in the day. She refused both of them. They were: Carlos Santana and Tommy James.

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Good for her, and I don't blame her at all,I would never want to be with somebody so wrapped up in themselves they didn't notice me.:D,fame gives people a big head.I enjoyed music but never was the groupie type either.

15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't collect music except in my head.