What Movies Are Your Favourite?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I made this topic for all of us to share our favourite movies.
    I have a few very favourite ones.
    Apocalypto
    Braveheart
    The Patriot
    Passion

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

No country for old men
    Nebraska
    A simple plan
    Silverado
    The Patriot
    Fury
    I like watching old movies made in the 1930', '40's, and '50's. They were better made then. Better camera work, better actors, no mumbling lines and no sex scenes to make up for lack of acting skills or lousy plots. Guess I'm just old fashioned.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We just watched a very interesting movie last night. It is not a new movie; but I had never seen it before, and it really gives you a different view on things. Or it can.
    It is called "The Truman Show", and it is about a man who lives in kind of a hollywood set, and his whole life has been broadcast as a reality show to the whole world. Everyone in his life is an actor, including his parents; but he believes that everything is real, because that is what he has learned all of his life.
    Like most of us, he does not question what he assumes is reality.

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

I liked Avatar

5. Lucy Brown

Lucy Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

I am looking forward to seeing "Vacation"...it comes out on July 29th...:D

6. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I have always liked Michael Keaton's "Beetlejuice," perhaps my very, very favorite along with John Travolta's "Hair Spray" because I can't help feeling back in the 60s again, when I was a little child liking to watch dancing contests on TV more than watching cartoons.

7. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not a movie buff, but I do like old black and white films. There is something more atmospheric about them.

I love a lot of the old silent movies as well, Buster Keaton being a particular favourite. The man was a genius. I can happily watch any film with the Marx Brothers and some of the old Ealing comedies, such as Kind Heart and Coronets, are still great to watch.

Ike Willis likes this.
  8. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

Second Hand Lions
    Boondock Saints
    Event Horizon
    The Tammy movies, (Tammy and the Lawyer, Tammy and the Doctor, etc)

9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Allison Schuck, Avatar is a current favorite for me as well. I loved the animations, and the story was very believable. I haven't seen colors that vibrant since the psychedelics years of the early '70's.

10. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's been a while since we last went to the cinema. Ant Man was our last movie and it's entertaining to me although my husband had some questions on the logic, as always. My favorite genre is actually horror suspense but we usually watch fantasy and light comedy. Last night I had a good watch on tv - Killer Mermaid. It's a fantasy where an evil mermaid lives in an island with an old structure. The 5 adventurers who came to the islands were killed one by one. It was really a good one which I watched with my head under the blanket. Hahahaaa.

Von Jones likes this.
  11. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Although I like action and adventure movies, my most favorite movie is The Matrix and its sequels. I'm a big Keanu Reeves fan as well and when I saw he was starring in the Matrix it just blew me away! Everything about it is the ultimate in science fiction. To me anyway.

12. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

As of the post about the vacation movies, the vacation movies are my favorite kind of movie!

Ike Willis likes this.
  13. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

If things go smoothly, we are going to watch Mission Impossible tonight. My husband had already agreed although last week when I told him about Tom Cruise's latest movie, he smirked. He particularly dislike action movies for the incredible scenes that are not realistic. I reasoned that the title says it all - Mission Impossible so you have to believe in the impossible things that would happen in the movie. Well, the trailer showed Tom Cruise hitching a ride in the plane, he is outside the plane holding on to the door. That turned off my husband.

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of my very most favorite movies of all time (maybe my VERY favorite) is called Frequency. It is one of those movies that just grips you right from the first, and is filled with adventure, mystery, and a man's love for his family. No matter how many times I watch this movie, it still touches my heart. I laugh in the happy parts, and cry in the sad ones, and I just never get tired of watching it.
    Here is the trailer and it will give you a good idea of what this movie is about.

15. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm, I have seen many movies throughout my years, but my favorite ones would have to be: One flew over the cuckoo's nest, Wall-e, Taken, Running Scared and John Wick. It's funny how most of these are recent movies, but I guess that the production quality only increased with time, along with technology.