What Show Would You Like to See Remade?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mal Campbell, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I think most of us grew up watching TV shows and we all had favorites. What shows from your childhood would you like to see remade today?

I always loved "My Favorite Martian" - I think it would be interesting today. I also liked "Bosom Buddies" with Tom Hanks, where two men can't find an apartment they can afford so they dress up like woman to get into a women's only apartment building. Not real sure it would be relevant today - I don't there are still women's only apartments, but it was fun. "Maverick" would be another great one.

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I would watch Kung Fu with David Carridine and Columbo with Peter Falk all the time. I call these 'and the moral to the story is' type movies. I believe they would be great to watch. I'd like to see Jason Statum as a monk and I can't think of who could portray Peter Falk as Columbo.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

At first thought there are many of the old shows I would like to see remade, but then I thought what would "Maverick" be without James Garner or "Gunsmoke" without James Arness, Amanda Blake, and Milburn Stone.

I'm afraid I would be constantly comparing the new show with the old. It might be good to have a new "Man from U.N.C.L.E." or a new Rowdy Yates on "Rawhide", but then again it might be better to watch the reruns of the originals.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm, I don't really know, but it would probably be an old horror.
    I'm not saying that old horrors are bad because they are usually the best ones made,
    but it would be nice to see some of them remade with the new effects and improvements.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I know that The Odd Couple has been remade, but I haven't seen it. I like the old shows, but I prefer to watch the older versions, and for new shows to have new themes, rather than old ones redone with modern settings. It seems Hollywood has been remaking old movies for years, rather than coming up with new topics. I guess they are banking on the popularity of the old shows and movies, assuming those who enjoyed the originals will see the new versions, but I'd rather see something new.

6. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

I seldom care for television remakes or movies either. It is a bit sad when some show that I really enjoyed bit the dust, but it happens. One show we are getting here now in Thailand is the new (to us anyway) is The Adams Family. The plots and acting are fine, but it just does not have the same pizzazz as the original.