What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Diane Lane and K E Gordon like this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Making a meatloaf today with one pound of ground beef and a half pound of pork sausage.

4. K E Gordon

Registered

I am not sure what is for supper tonight. I have some spaghetti sauce to use up, but i noticed that Hamburger Helper was .88 at the store yesterday, so I had to scoop some up..it was a flavor I had never had before. Spaghetti and meatballs sounds really good, but normally I cook the meatballs in the oven, and I don't think I want to do that in the heat. I know the Italians sometimes put them raw into the sauce...gonna check some recipies for meatball prep.

5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure whats for supper. My son doesn't know what he wants for supper either. I guess we may end up eating different things for supper. What those things are, we still don't know.

6. K E Gordon

Registered

I had hot dogs, beans and broccoli with some Turkey Hill Rum Raisin ice cream for dessert. It was still kind of soupy. Since it was about 90 degrees here today, and no doubt warmer in the car...after I got the groceries..I went to a clothing store and bought a pair of shorts, then I briefly went in another store to buy cat food..where it is cheaper, and a bit of gas. Naturally, on the way home. I got stuck in road construction...so by the time I made it back, the ice cream was really pretty soupy.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Last night , we had tacos for Bobby and taco salad for me, since I don't care for the tortillas on mine. It is really hot here again today, and we are just going to snack for supper tonight. Bobby is having some of his super-duper hotdogs and I made myself a chocolate protein drink for tonight.
    Some nights it is just too hot to even eat much of anything. We have some veggies and watermelon if we want something more later.

Joe Riley likes this.
  8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not sure what's for supper tonight. I finished off the pasta last night. I do have some meat in the fridge, but am not sure I'll be up to cooking, so I might just have some Beefaroni or canned chili.

K E Gordon likes this.
  9. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Philly Burgers and fries here.. maybe deviled eggs if I can focus long enough to make them. The burgers have all the ingredients of a Philly Cheesesteak ... sauteed mushrooms inside the burger as well as onion and green pepper... and then cheese and homemade spaghetti sauce on top instead of condiments.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

No supper tonight as I over ate at supper. Stomach is is still full and still happy.

11. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Bacon & tomato sandwiches made with our first full size tomato from the garden. Served with pickles we made a couple of weeks ago.

Diane Lane and Mari North like this.
  12. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, @Sheldon Scott ! I was sitting here a while ago wondering about lunch (supper will be homemade chicken ala king) and you just solved my problem! I have artesan bread, I have a nice tomato, and I have bacon. It sounds wonderful! :)

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

I wasn't sure what I was going to have last night. I didn't really feel like cooking, but while I was on Twitter, I learned it was National French Fry Day, and I decided I must celebrate. I made chili cheese fries, which I'd never made before. I have no idea how anyone else makes them, but I cooked the fries (shoestring) in the oven, then transferred them to my bowl, and topped them off with canned chili and a mixture of cheddar and pepper jack shredded cheese. I microwaved for about a minute and a half, and served it up. Yum! Chili Cheese Fries.jpg

Sheldon Scott and K E Gordon like this.
  14. K E Gordon

Registered

Even though I love to cook it is sometimes kind of a chore and a bother cooking for one, I find I am often not in the mood to cook especially when it is hot like this. On those days where I don't feel like it, I usually just eat leftovers, of which I generally have many, eat eggs..or something simple to cook like a hot dog,,or some kind of sandwich.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  15. Diane Lane

Registered

Ooh. I've heard of Cuban sandwiches, but have never had one. I just checked out the ingredients, and that sounds so delicious. It has some of my favorite flavors, pork, cheese, mustard and pickles. I might have to try making this at some point. I have cube steaks in the fridge, and if I get energy I might cook those up for supper tonight.