What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Diana Kristof

Diana Kristof Veteran Member
    Registered

@Texas Beth how do you survive on so little? Are you sick? :(

Tonight I ate a veggie burger with cheese and French dressing. It's one of my favorites for healthy meets tasty. I will have a vegetarian meal fairly often as a way of keeping saturated fat to a minimum. I am trying to lower cholesterol. I also had a lot of fruit on the side. Fruit makes me feel like I am getting a sweet treat.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a veggie burger today too, with Swiss cheese and ketchup.

3. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Supper tonight might include lemon pepper chicken wings. A neatby store sells meats that they marinate. I bought these from there and bake them at home. They are a nice change from the general fare we usually eat.

4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Tonight, I have no idea. I do so want a deep dish pizza from Happy Joe's and a 6-pak of 16 oz. cans of Bush. But, that's a huge no-no now.
    So, maybe some scrambled hen fruit and pig parts, (sausage).

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Tonight, I am thinking that I will make teriyaki chicken and stirfried veggies. I may add some of those Yakisoba Chinese noodles with the veggies. I have mixed bell peppers, hot peppers, shrooms, carrots and zuchinni that will make a nice stirfry, and then I add the partially cooked noodles to the veggies.
    I just got one of those mandoline slicers as one of my picks from the Amazon offers to test and review; so I had to try it out slicing up some of the squash for dinner tonight.
    image.jpeg

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have one I never use, john bought it. He bout all sorts of gadgets and there all just sitting here. A food saver
    And everything else that caught his eye.

For a man he loved those housewares stores.

@Yvonne Smith , your stir fry sounds good.

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I had a stirfry of sorts too. It ended up being pretty good. It was chicken, potatoes, peppers, onions and garlic. My ex liked buying gadgets too. I just found some kind of steamer the other day. He still will buy things and bring them down. It is kind of a hobby of his you might say. Most of the items are not something I particiularily need but they might come in handy some day. However,too many gadgets just end up being junk that is in the way.

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I've had salads for the last five or six lunches and dinners. I'm beginning to dream about a steak.

9. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

BLT's on Sourdough and potato salad.
    Actually, I really only want a large slice of cheese cake, but have to eat something
    first. It's just how things are done.:cool:

10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Last evening I had "a delicious medley of mixed vegetables, frozen at their peak of goodness". Said so right on the bag. To make the veggies more palatable, I added some Jimmy Dean sausage and topped the whole mess off with a healthy sprinkling of Louisiana Hot sauce.
    On the bottle of Hot sauce it says "a drop will do". I use it like ketchup. Most of my taste buds must be dead.
    I don't know what I'll have tonight. It won't be veggies.

11. K E Gordon

Registered

My roommate/ boarder also uses hot sauce like water. Now he is complaining he is out of money and food until his check comes on the 3rd!. I was forced to give him some spaghetti. Geesh, he either needs to get on a budget, or stop spending so damn much! I have enough to do to keep myself straight! He could earn money online, he refuses to do so.

Diane Lane, Tim Burr and Ike Willis like this.
  12. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I have no idea what to eat tonight. My son doesn't either. Some days are like that. Probably we will figure it out between 9 and 10 pm, choke something down, and go to bed.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  13. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I got the makings of enchiladas when I went to the store. Not sure when I'll make them but they're in my plans. Will probably finish the leftovers from the refrigerator today.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Last night's supper was homemade pizza. Tonight's will probably be more pizza. I usually buy the roll crust or use the mix in a pouch, but I've somehow misplaced the pouch I had, so I made the crust from scratch. Thankfully, I had some yeast packets, even though I rarely use them/it. I like making my pizzas (somewhat) rectangular, so when I somehow lost my last round pizza pan, I didn't bother to replace it, and just make my pizzas on baking sheets. I didn't have much in the house, so I stuck with cheese, which is my favorite anyway. I used cornmeal under the crust on the foil, that's also my favorite.

pizza.jpg

K E Gordon likes this.
  15. K E Gordon

Registered

Homemade pizza is good, I used the Pillsbury pizza dough last time and I thought it was pretty awesome. I have heard that you can use biscuit dough for a fraction of the price. It would work, you would just have to roll it out. The pizza you demoed was probably pretty simple to make. My sister made home made pieroggis and she said it took her 4 hours. It was for some kind of Polish heritage party at work. I said...why didn't you just buy some? She said she caved to peer pressure....:D