What's Next On Tv? How About The Fecal Diaries

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

First it was CSI, a forensic lab team based in Las Vegas, using all the state of the art forensic lab equipment known to man in an attempt to solve crime. Not to be outdone, along comes CSI Miami, different lab investigators but still the same story line. And then, CSI New York. We can't let a hick town like Las Vegas or Miami show up the Big Apple. Hell, they are just as able and willing to disect tissue, smear and dilute blood and urine to find and put away the bad guys. People are fascinated with stuff like this. Autopsies, weighing and disecting organs. It's no doubt the same folks that watch NASCAR Racing for the accidents. AND TONIGHT????? I watched the new show "BONES". Yep, you guessed it. Now we have a anthropologist investigator picking over bones to solve crime. The crimes are so bad of course that the only thing left is bones.
    In another attempt at one-upsmanship, I propose a new show. Let's call it "The Fecal Diaries" Crimes so bad that there are no bones, blood or tissue to be found. Just some feces. We could make a MICROBIOLOGIST the hero of the show. See him now as he picks his way though a pile of feces of unknown origin in attempt to solve an unknown crime.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Lord Lon.. go read a dang book !

3. Lon Tanner

Registered

What? You don't like TV mysteries.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Television is a vast wasteland.

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Some folks get sucked right into that thing and some of them who do return come back without a sound mind. Tragic.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife absolutely loves tv, but only certain shows, like Jeopardy, Wheel, some HGTV and a few others. But, now that we have The Cowboy Channel, on Roku............yep, watch a lot of "live" rodeos.

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  7. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I rather enjoy watching CSI programs. Just not while I'm eating. But there are lots of shows that are kinda gross that I don't watch. I find it interesting that some folks actually watch that Pimple Popper show. I can't imagine finding something like that suitable entertainment. To each their own I suppose.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, there are some mighty weird people in America! There are young folks that will try darn near anything for attention. Just look at that show, Wipe Out. Can be very hilarious, but.........

9. Marci Miller

Registered

I don't know what that is. I don't technically have tv. I don't have cable or any antenna stuff. I have Hulu. So I'm not familiar with any of today's programming other than what I might see ads for or overhear conversations about. LOL

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

"Don't technically have a tv"?? So, you use your computer to watch Hulu? This is what my BIL (wife's brother) does. Uses his computer to watch NASCAR races every Sunday. No tv either.

11. Marci Miller

Registered

I have a television set but I refuse to pay $150 or more a month for basic cable and not have much control as to what I'm watching. I don't do the antenna and the box thing either. I also watch PlutoTV and some others.

12. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Blood and guts crime shows are not my thing. I haven't watched any of the CSI iterations, but have followed NCIS a bit, mostly for the actors, rather than the stories, and because it was introduced on JAG.

There hasn't been much of anything worth watch on TV in the last few years. I'm thinking of giving up cable service, especially since finding a website -- https://ustv247.tv/ -- where I can catch the news and other programs on my laptop when I feel the need.

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think the bones will last longer than the feces, @Lon Tanner. I, too, enjoy the forensic shows. When I was laid up with my back injury, I watched every Forensic Files show, and many of the others as well. FF caught my attention as it was only 30 minutes long, so they got to the meat of the matter quickly and it wasn't dragged out to fill an hour slot. I watched the CSI shows, but they presented such a twisted and sometimes inaccurate depiction of forensic science that I didn't really enjoy them. There was a good show that starred Dr. Henry Lee, the one-time chief of the Connecticut Crime Laboratory and the world's foremost expert on blood spatter analysis. His work with crime scenes was truly fascinating.

14. Lon Tanner

Registered

Bones may last longer but will never pass the sniff testing.

15. Marci Miller

Registered

What does that run you?