Whats Your Motivation For Exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Marie Mallery, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Mine is to not take drugs for my health and I don't want to die in bed if I don't have to. If I have my rathers ,it would be to die with my boots on. And not be sick from side effects of meds.
    Now of course this is not likely for me or anyone else, its just a motivation.
    Below is a Bible quote about this very topic,imo.
    Whatever you do ,do with all thy might, there will be plenty of rest in the ground where thou goest. paraquote. Eccle.9:10

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=467735d73cab058dJmltdHM9MTY3MzU2ODAwMCZpZ3VpZD0zMTViYzE3Yy1jOTA0LTYwZmQtM2JkOS1kM2U0YzgyODYxYWEmaW5zaWQ9NTQwMg&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=315bc17c-c904-60fd-3bd9-d3e4c82861aa&psq=do+with+all+thy+might,plenty+of+rest,+Bible+Hub&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVodWIuY29tL2VjY2xlc2lhc3Rlcy85LTEwLmh0bSM6fjp0ZXh0PVdoYXRldmVyJTIweW91JTIwZmluZCUyMHRvJTIwZG8lMjB3aXRoJTIweW91ciUyMGhhbmRzJTJDLG5vciUyMHdpc2RvbSUyQyUyMGluJTIwdGhlJTIwZ3JhdmUlMkMlMjB3aGl0aGVyJTIwdGhvdSUyMGdvZXN0Lg&ntb=1

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’m working on my will power. I intend to start a somewhat formal routine again but have had distractions lately. My birthday is soon so that’s a good starting point. My motivation is based on “use it or lose it.”

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

well...since neither of us go to dr...and...i did think that one night was really bad..i was in pain with diaphramal hernia...i layed there and decided no go to hospital...covid time...changed my thinking..about hospital..
    anyway...critters motivate me...go feed...water...check on critters.. ha!

4. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good motivation, and yes, it may actually be likely that you can achieve those goals, daily, a day at a time.

I let people know, like Joy does here, "how to" some of the time, and "who to" see to do more faster better, when they can afford fifty to a hundred dollars when needed. They can be tested and adjust their intake/diet/ accordingly, to be healthy without toxins, and to de-toxify if they already injested some poison or if it was injeccted.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Use it or lose it is true. I stop for a day and can tell. But thank goodness it will come back if you keep at it, or at least some of it will.
    I get my inspiration from other outstanding senior's.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree about the hospital thing far as not being able to breath or severe pain.

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

My motivation is to die as healthy as I can.

8. Jeff Elohim

Registered

God Willing Many Years From Now.

Until Then, How About Living As Healthy As We All Can !?

Including Restoring Health to those who want to ....

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I'm going to try some kefir.Have you tried any?

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Good idea.

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Yes.
    One of the healthiest men I ever met at a store drank a quart or more every day, he said.
    He was a fitness or health trainer for others,
    and appeared to have no ailments or illnesses or diseases, both in appearance and in speech, talking with him about health.

If I could afford it , I might also drink at least a quart a day,
    probably for two or three months
    then longer if the effects were all good.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There are a few motivating forces at work when it comes to doing what I work so hard at to do.
    I wrote on a couple of other threads that one piece of motivation comes from the question of what kind of quality of life do I want?
    It’s a given that I wish to remain dependent upon no one for the basic needs of life but way beyond that, I never want to give myself cause to feel vulnerable.
    In short, I’m a man and as such, it’s my job to protect and I never want my wife nor I to feel like [and be] easy prey in a world that favors the violent.

When I hurt my back some years ago, the worse thing about it wasn’t the pain because even though the pain was extreme, it was overshadowed by the dread of being totally defenseless and that dread is something I never want to feel again.
    Since then, along with all the other muscle groups, I work the muscles in my back much more than I used to do in order to prevent another painful lesson in vulnerability.

I seek peace and try to be a peacemaker but there are those times when the perception of mental and physical strength goes a long way in order to achieve said peace.

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What motivates me? Knowing I can't trust anyone but myself to make the right decisions for me, health-wise or other. It is a challenge to keep moving as I get older because my stamina is not what it is use to be. But I do the best I can, and hope it will have been enough to keep me independant and of sound mind as I grow older.:)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What motivates me is my family.
    My children all worry about my heart giving out completely, and since I just had that birthday and turned 78, they are actually thinking that I am almost 80 in their mind (and to be truthful, so am I).
    When Robin left to go back to the Netherlands this time; she was crying a lot and worrying about losing me, and I know that it would be hard on the boys as well.
    I remember what it was like for me when my mother passed away, and how long it took to be actually feeling better after both she and my dad died less than a month apart.

So, I am trying to stay as healthy as I can and be here for my kids, and if I am going to be alive, I want to also enjoy life. That means trying to take good care of this old mind and body, and doing what exercise that I can is part of taking care of my health.
    Some days are better than others, and some days are just rest and recuperation days; but I intend to keep on exercising and living as well as I can for as long as I can.

15. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It’s an odd thought knowing I could just pop off at any time. For myself, I really don’t care that much. I just don’t want to strand my wife and kitties, or leave a lot of stuff for my wife to do. I had a term life insurance policy reach the end of its life recently. They offered to renew at the same coverage for $21,000/year. LOL, talking about getting a clear message that they don’t think you’re going to live that much longer. Getting old means living in strange times, in more ways than one.