What's Your Opinion Of Mccarthyism?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Marie Mallery, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Mitchell Hartwig

Mitchell Hartwig Well-Known Member
    Registered

Me, I don't think it was that clear-cut after WWII. It was not so much as "libs" having a set agenda to get the US to what it is now, which is a giant mess, in my opinion.

What actually happened is that life got much much easier, everything became easier, and we simply got used to taking the easy way. Eventually we justified it as the only way--it was both right, and just, and so we ended up with remarkably low standards for personal behavior and integrity.

Now *everything" is OK, and the crime is to hint that it's not.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the comment and debate. I do think we had some who worked at changing our culture and society, but like you say it was us who allowed it by resting on our laurels and also relaxing our views after so much unrest during so many years of 3 wars.
    I read a book written in the 80s, i think it was' The Late Great Planet Earth' by Hal Lindsey. It had a good bit of quotes from groups we sure wouldn't call conservatives. It was prophetic about what the liberal plans were for the near future and how it has now come to pass.
    I still have the book but its packed away somewhere. Many warned us about what to watch for.
    I just vent and rant I guess about what a drastic change that came over our nation and how dem the future is looking for my kids, grands and great grands even more so. But then maybe we are living in the end times ,don't know.
    Close to how McCarthy told us would come about.

Mitchell Hartwig likes this.
  3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course you like McCarthyism, of course you think 'facts are tricky.' That's just you being you.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Working class Americans from that era were too busy trying to raise families and eat, no time to watch news. If you were busy preparing super for a family of 4 it fell right into that nightly News Broadcast time every day. Of course McCarthy was right and most of the Black listed people were what would be known today as the social elite and Hollywood Idiots. News is now NOT News but an entertainment trade. Turn it all off and Be Happy. Finally vote Independent and stop supporting some of the biggest thieves in our long history. Let them all dry on the vine and never vote for a party again. And for Gods sake force some term limits on these thieves and pervs who now infest our government. It is a national shame to see some half wit like biden slobbering all over the white house podium. I don't know what meds he's taking but I want some if they can make a stiff walk again and almost talk.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Dose Lulu stand for lunatic or are you just 'pretending'? :D Now be nice before you get on my last nerve.:rolleyes:;)

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

I couldn't have said it better myself, nothing to add.:cool:

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

@Lulu Moppet , don't go away, I thought you wanted to spar. I'm just teasing with you.

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  8. Mitchell Hartwig

Mitchell Hartwig Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hah, hah!

Lulu Moppet likes this.