What's Your Opinion Of Our New Vp Kamala Harris?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Sunny Bonet

Sunny Bonet Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sorry Frank, I don't know how I missed this but am just now (June 24, 2021) seeing it! :oops: A belated...Thank you for the welcome and YES, I love the hot weather...nope I am not in the mountains because the desert is where I like it best. Yep I agree about the vp.:D And, I'd be OK with that. lol

Edited to say: Dang, in looking back thru the thread, it looks like I missed a lot of folks welcome and comments. THANK YOU to you ALL for the nice welcome and personal comments.:oops:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Sunny Bonet

Sunny Bonet Well-Known Member
    Registered

YEP, she is a good example of a chameleon and sadly it works on way too many people. BUT, being a phony, a liar and a chameleon got her where she is. Imagine that.:rolleyes:
    And this is being kind...

chameleon harris.jpg

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Put me down as a fan. My only complaint of this vice president is that she smiles too much. Maybe if she ever gets to be
    president, she'll learn to frown some. Either way I'm still a fan.

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I like her also. But I don't know her personally like everyone else seems to. LOL

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To be sure, Donald Harris, her father has had quite a bit to say about her and very little of it has been good thus far. I believe he knows her well enough to make a fair assessment.

Lois Winters and Sunny Bonet like this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Just out of curiosity I spent about a half hour looking for something derogatory that Kamala Harris's father said about her, and all I could find was one flap about a joke she made implying that Jamaicans are notorious for smoking pot. He condemned her statement, but then said he wouldn't get involved in politics any more. But then I don't belong to Facebook, so maybe I missed it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I would think that if someone is thinking about voting for a person for a high office that doing some heavy research would be in order.

Sunny Bonet likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Unfortunately, most people vote for the presidential candidate and don't give a lot of thought to the VP though it's a package deal. I will admit, however, that Sarah Palin prevented me from voting for John McCain. I still believe had he not made that misstep he'd have been the president.

Lois Winters and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Very True!
    The idea that the Vice President “might” become President doesn’t enter many people’s minds but what they also forget is that the Vice President is also the President over the Senate and has a vote in that same institution.
    To say that all the Vice does is act as some kind of ambassador or emissary is more than a little wrong.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sarah Palin almost made me vote for McCain but, in the end, I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Democrat, regardless of the political party he was registered in.

Al Amoling and Sunny Bonet like this.
  11. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

The only time I've voted Democrat is back in the 70s I wanted to try an pick the weakest Democrat for a primary.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

As an independent, I try to consider the most qualified candidate that seems to have the country's best interests at heart. Since those individuals are in extremely short supply these days, I'm forced to select the lesser of two evils. Sad times indeed.

13. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I usually don't judge most new administrations in the first year. But I will say VP Harris impresses me as quite intelligent, thoughtful, capable, and sincere, altho I did cringe at how she handled that question of not yet going to the border. It was a media misstep. On the other hand, it was a stupid question for this point in her measly 5 months in office when there have been other, higher priorities.

And all that said, I'm rarely impressed with political show and tell visits anywhere by anyone. The cost of those visits -- with travel, security, entourage, time away from doing actual work, etc, -- never seem justified when a single staffer with a phone camera could acquire the same info at much less taxpayer expense.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Soooo….Although much more expensive, the trip to Guatemala searching for root causes was more beneficial than actually seeing what many on the left says doesn’t exist to the extent that it does.
    So, as two of her aids quit prior to her trip to El Paso which as you said was totally unnecessary but not because someone else went to the troubled spot but because she visited 800 miles from there.
    So the question still exists, why did she even bother? It’s like being told that the living room is a mess and then inspecting the bedroom instead.

Here’s the thing. Who do you think wants to stop a war the most: A soldier who has an up close experience at watching bodies being torn apart or someone who only hears about it in the news?
    Same thing about the border. Until you’ve had an emotional experience with the problem then all you’re doing is watching the news. Harris can’t possibly make the border her problem as she was ordered to do until she becomes emotionally awakened to that problem and the only way to do that is to see it with her own eyes.

15. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole I'm not sure why you quoted my post or what you expect from having done so, but it seems you feel like arguing about it. Sorry, not interested.