Where Did The Dollar Go?

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Tony Page, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Three salesman who has been traveling together decide after a long day to stop at a motel. The manager tells them there is one room left and sets it up with three individual beds and the cost would be $30 for the night. They accept the manager's proposal. They each give the manger $10 for the room. After a short while manager has guilty conscience because he charged them $30 for a $25 room. So he gives the clerk $5 to return to the salesman. The clerk realizing he can't give the $5 back evenly, decides to give the salesman $1 each and keep the remaining $2 for himself. The salesman now paid $9 each for the room .
    Now here is the puzzle question if each of the salesman paid $9 for the room which equals $27 and the clerk kept $2 for a total of $29 where is the other dollar.

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Very very simple...……..
    Why are you adding when you should be subtracting ??? C'mon...
    The room is now $25 and not $30... That is the number you work with … As soon as he returns $5, the $30 doesn't exist anymore.. It is now $25...….
    3 X $9 are $27... minus (not plus) the 3 dollars for the clerk equals $25...

I MIGHT BE CRAZY,...…. BUT I'M NOT STUPID.....

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

First I'm not calling anybody crazy or stupid this is a riddle that has been told to me about 20 years ago. My family and I have spent enjoyable times trying to resolve this and many other riddles.
    I did find the riddle and its answer online I was not able to download it if you're interested go to mathwarehouse.

4. Steve North

Registered

Tony...…. I never accused you of calling me crazy or stupid...
    I did all that...… Not you...
    I had NOT heard of that before either... I just looked at it and saw the error or riddle right a way...
    You probably don't know what I did for work for most of my life...
    I was a commercial investment consultant which means I dealt with figures, numbers, and facts..

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm glad you were able to figure it out I did finally find the solution online as I mentioned earlier, just one of those riddles have to look at the right way we've had plenty of discussions in the past my wife agrees with your analysis. Take care

6. Steve North

Registered

Well, your wife and I do have something in common.... Easy to figure it out...

7. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

i think that you Steve ,just did not realize it was a riddle... ???
    i myself would of never figured it out,, so guess im Crazy or just Stupid.! Guess i am ,according to you steve..!
    and to think i come here early to play your games Steve, so that you would have some games to play, forget abod it. ... im done doing you any favors....! :mad:

8. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m with Louise on figuring out any maths games ........ However if you like games @Tony Page why not join in with us and play other games ..we don’t bite honestly :):)

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm generally terrible at games, what kind of games do you play? How can I find them?

10. Steve North

Registered

At no time did I intend to offend anyone.. if i did, I do apologise , it wasn't meant to be that way...
    I just looked a the riddle and figured it out... Of course it is a riddle, but I go the answer right off the bat...
    Not to offend anyone, but it was obvious.... to me anyway... Next time, who knows.???
    In the future, I will NOT interfere with any other riddles...

11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Right here @Tony Page ..you posted your riddle on the games thread ...lotsa games here Just ask if you don’t understand how it works and we will happily assist

12. Steve North

Registered

Go for it... Tony...

13. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

you were just here Tony. look to the left side of the page to choose what game you want to play ..then click on the persons name on the right side of the page to play the game.. play the game then click on Post reply..

Tony Page likes this.
  14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for your help I will try it when I get home tonight.