Who Do You Think Is The Best Poster Here, And Why?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Jake Smith, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Seems to me that they're a lot of smart, witty, and cool posters here, and I've got to read some very educated replies, from some of them and learn all kinds of stuff I didn't know. Not putting this up to bother anyone, or make anyone feel, not special, just thought it could be a great topic, everyone here is special, in their own way, "IMO".
    Since I am still new here; I won't say just yet, who I think is the best poster here, until I've learned how to post better myself, but soon I will. To me, there are some posters here, that really stand out, in wit, control, advice, and timing. Some know how to get along with everyone, and don't let anyone push their buttons.
    Hope this is in the right section to be "discussed", if not maybe Ken or Yvonne will place it in right place for me. I will look forward to hearing who you think is the best poster and why you think their the best.:)

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Obviously, I am the best poster here. Because I am Me. Of course the choice was difficult because Dwight is so attractive to the ladies.
    However, I think this belongs more in the 'Not sure where it goes' section because it is not a notice or an announcement. To ask who is the best makes this a popularity contest which will cause winners and losers. As in society, we all have people in a group we like and who we don't. No offense Jake but The only way to fix this is not to play. JMHO

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Probably we will all have interesting and different opinions about whose posts we enjoy the most. I enjoy the gardening and outdoors kinds of things, so I look forward to reading what people have posted about in those threads.
    What is interesting to one person is of no consequence to another person, and I think that we all gravitate to the areas of the forum that we are most interested in.
    It would be hard for me to choose a particular person as my favorite because I enjoy reading posts from a variety of people.

If I had to pick, I think that @Don Alaska would be a good choice for me. He always seems to be having something interesting happening in his life (I am still waiting on pins and needles to hear more about the runaway husband), and I like reading about their gardens, lifestyle, and especially his political views.

In general , I like posts that are on topic, not written in one huge block of words (no paragraphs), and are not constantly negative or complaining about something all of the time. I like it when people accept adverse viewpoints and discuss the topic and not criticize the writer of the post, because I enjoy discussion but hate arguments and name calling.

I think that overall, this is a really friendly forum, and very well-informed and intelligent opinions, so for the most part, I try to read what everyone writes unless it is something that I have no interest in whatsoever.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Now you know why I plead the fifth.;)

John Houlihan and Jake Smith like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

^^ This.

Jake Smith likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thanks, @Yvonne Smith! The runaway? husband was found in Anchorage and has returned home by all reports, but I have not had any contact with him or his wife sine the return. People think they are ready for everything by the time they are in their 50s, but Alaska has a way of beating people who aren't prepared. Everybody has a hard time going into their first winter here as the weather cools and the days get darker. In some ways, spring is even worse as SAD seems to exhibit more in the spring for most people, although fall has always been the toughest for me.

8. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Man, some of you here, really hurt your chances of being, "the best poster". :rolleyes:

@Don Alaska , One of my nieces just moved to Alaska a couple of months ago, so she will spend her first winter there this winter. She and her husband have six kids, so at least they will have some help gathering firewood, to keep warm. :)

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Don this will be their first winter there,so they are in for a real treat. Jake is busy feeding the animals.

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.
  10. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Well for me the best poster, both in knowledge and wit, is no longer her........my choice is @Faye Fox

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ike and Boggs
    Yeah, I know but they both had to ability to make a person see and feel what they wrote.
    Anyone would be hard pressed to top that kind of writing.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  12. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

My vote, too, goes to Faye.

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.
  13. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Okay, what happened to Faye?

Jake Smith likes this.
  14. Al Amoling