Who Is Smarter, Republicans Or Democrats?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Chrissy Cross, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page - Ha ha, really gave me a giggle there - that makes two of us !:p

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol, always nice to know there is another misfit. :)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

All this talk of republicans......would we be correct in saying that it's the Elephant in the room....? :D;):D:D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Maybe I've always voted Republican because I like elephants. That's a good enough reason for me. :)

Who wants to be an ass (donkey)? Not me....

I think a good symbol for a third party would be Pickles. :)

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One thing about the Liberals, they really are concerned about some of the different causes. One biggie is apparently "hunters".
    When the news came out about Donald Trumps sons both having been on hunting expeditions and bagging some really rare species, the liberals were totally incensed that they did this.
    They also agree that the Trump sons were able to hunt these animals simply because their father is rich, and that this is the main reason why liberals think that Donald Trump should not be president.

Bobby Cole and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It's much easier to find the answer if one examines who is in prison these days. 7 out of 10 inmates who are incarcerated in state prisons consider themselves to be democrat. Federal prisons have a similar stat in that 73% of the inmates have registered as democrats.
    There is a two edged sword though because this could mean that it isn't that republicans are smart enough not commit crimes but that they are smart enough to not get caught.

The other side of the sword is that we have the present resident of the White House who has committed soooo many crimes while in office but he isn't in jail nor is his cohort, Killary who has evaded so many indictments she must be considered one of the smartest criminals in history.

Martin Alonzo and Ike Willis like this.
  7. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm a loser with an Associates Degree and I've always voted Democrat and a few times Green Party.

This should answer any questions about me. :)

The hunting issue is just gross. Way to use your money and status. I'm sorry but I just don't get it. Anyone should be outraged at the killing for sport of an endangered species. I don't see how this could be an liberal or Democrat issue only. Maybe some one can explain this to me. I don't get it. There are a lot of problems in this world and with out planet and so many seem to just not care. I don't know what to do about it myself.

Trump has said some very offensive things. But the more I know of Clinton, the less I'm liking her.

I go on occasion to another forum that is beyond liberal. I don't fit in there either. I too belong no where and never have.

I don't eat meat. My cats do but I will not live without them. I also don't use dairy or eggs if someone wants to get on me about the hunting issue.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Don't feel bad kitty, I feel like you sometimes.

I'm a moderate. When I wrote this post I was lashing out at all the liberals on that other forum who say that Trump supporters are
    all idiots. I can't reply there so I bring my anger here but at them. Especially the one with the biggest mouth. :)

I don't think what Trump's sons did was right either. It was a disgusting pic. But it's legal and a rich mans sport.

I'm voting for Trump by default. I can't stand Hillary....liar and cheater and all about her. But when I hear she's sick, I kind of hope she drops out of the race and someone decent replaces her.

Trump has many fooled, that's okay because I'm hoping he's really a moderate like I think he is.

If anybody thinks he's a far right republican, they're mistaken. But everyone believes what they want
    And who's to say who's right.

Everybody should just vote their conscience.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I am so sorry if I offended you, @Kitty Carmel . I think that I did know you were a vegan; but it was not in my mind when I posted that video, because the whole thing was a JOKE . There are no tricerotops, no sabertooth tigers, and no more mammoths either.
    It never occurred to me that anyone would take this seriously.
    As far as belonging here, we are all our own individual selves, and all have different ideas and goals in life that we strive for. That is truly one of the best things about this particular forum, is that we all accept each other as imperfect humans, and care about each other here. You have a home here, and friends.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I don't hunt but I do eat meat, and strongly believe that there is a place for hunting. For one thing, managed hunting, which is pretty much all that we have here, helps to maintain healthier populations of the animals being hunted, as well as whatever animals they might prey on. Without hunting, may of these animals would starve to death or die from diseases, or they would decimate populations of whatever animals they prey upon. Without hunting, black bears would be killing people all over the country, but because they are hunted they have a fear of human beings.

By the way, @Kitty Carmel, I've always thought you fit in here very well. Agreeing with everyone on topics under discussion isn't a requirement.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have no problem with hunting if you eat the meat or it's used to control a certain animal population but that doesn't include elephants or giraffes or lions.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no problem of them killing dinosaurs if they have the money to go back in time a million years. I think dinosaurs were not an endanger species at that time.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To get an associates degree shows one's desire to reach for greater things and certainly cannot be considered a mark of a loser. The Democratic Party has held onto the White House for nearly 8 years now so I cannot say that the choice was a bad one for you but possibly terrible for me.

All in all I have had to learn to adapt to all situations but refuse to adopt most of them as my own way of life or standard of life so maybe that's what you must examine in your own circumstance.
    Many of us do not hunt, a few of us do not eat eggs or dairy, but it seems that for the most part we all get along no matter the intelligence level, personal political preferences, theological preferences or personal habits.
    We are indeed a very nice mixed pot of stew. (vegetarian if you like but full of meat for me)

Now, concerning Trump's son shooting a Triceratop. I am not even going to touch that lest someone else should like to let the proverbial "cat" out of the bag much more than I. If not, I really know that Joe, Martin, Frank, Ike, and of course @Ken Anderson will be chomping at the bit to find out where Donald Jr. found the dreaded beast and of course Sheldon and a couple of others can entertain us as to how it was prepared afterward.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne, you didn't offend me. I didn't look at the video. As I can see from the front picture, it's a joke. But I have heard Trump's sons do big game hunting. And like this dentist creep who killed Cecil the lion, I think it's outrageous. Go on a high end safari and admire the animals. But kill them. What for? Mentality beyond my belief. I was so upset about the killing of Cecil I started donating to a wildcat sanctuary. I didn't know what else to do for these magnificent animals.

I do eat plant based but don't identify as Vegan anymore. I actually live close to the Farm Sanctuary California shelter and used to enjoy going there until I had several negative experiences there. I don't fit in with that crowd either and it took away one of the few things I would look forward to during the year. I can't figure out either what someone's looks have to do with helping animals.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kitty Carmel - They do 'great' work - your donation is certainly not wasted and is appreciated :)