Who Would You Like To See As The Next President?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, May 1, 2018.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I would like to see Condoleezza Rice in the White House!

Not only was she a competent Secretary of State and a leader in the world of international politics, but she's also a Concert Pianist!

(And unlike President George W. Bush, she knows how to pronounce "Nuclear"!)

Hal

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Benjamin Netanyahu!

Ann Leonard and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Registered

Shalom!
    Hal

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'll go for another four years of Trump.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Someone who is not a Celebrity of any kind. Who has been checked out in advance on all their past aggressions.
    Um, but wait, I must be dreaming, that will never happen:D

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s still very unclear as to whether D. Trump will run for another term (which would be desirable) but whatever the course he sets I’m sure that as a post Trump pick, M. Pence will be more than qualified to take the mantle.

On another note, at some point, N. Halie could actually run and be our first female president. From what I have seen thus far, she’s nobody’s puppet and has a backbone. Her demeanor demands respect, she’s well spoken and she does show enough political savvy in order to handle herself in the clinches. But unlike another female who ran for the seat, H. Clinton, she seems to be squeaky clean and I don’t have to wear noise mufflers when she speaks.

At one time, Condoleeza was a good pick for me as was C. Powell but they have both moved on to other venues and are pretty much past the point where they would be effective in today’s political atmosphere.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Hal Pollner

Registered

Nevertheless, I'm for The Donald in 2020!

Hal

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I hope Trump survives all the harassment and runs again. When you think of what he gave up to do this, it is amazing to me. He was already a celebrity and had a very secure income. He put his life on hold to do what he thought was best for the country. Condoleeza was never interested in elected office, and Colin Powell would have been punished for being a Republican. Nikki Haley could be a good choice, and, as has been said, has been vetted and doesn't seem to have anything bad in her background. It is very hard for a woman to be a President, however. A female Prime Minister is much more suitable. That is not to say it is impossible--just very difficult. It has been done in Argentina and the Philippines with difficulty. It is very hard to find good people who are willing to go through the non-stop criticism and have to battle for everything.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

At one time I wanted to see Condoleeza Rice as our President but she has made it clear she wants nothing to do with this Position.

While I don't think President Trump is doing a bad job as our President, it is my opinion that the "powers behind the scenes" are doing everything they can and more to undo any good he does, keep him and us distracted by fake news and senseless legal issues, etc. so that even he probably has a hard time doing his job and trusting anyone near him. I don't know if I want 4 more years of this...I'm at the point where I just feel we are basically at the point of no return...and no matter who we elected as our President...they would not be able to change this.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

She was quite the liberal in South Carolina, though. I was living in North Carolina a the time, and was surprised that she was elected.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump for 4 more then Pence with Sheriff Joe

Chris Ladewig and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey, how about Oprah? Come on. I could see her sitting in the Oval Office.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Only if I can look under my seat and find the title to a new car. Otherwise, naw........

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Have to admit, Bobby, this made me really laugh.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I looked Haley up on Mr. Google. I found this:

In her autobiography, Haley credited her time keeping the books in her mother's dress shop with giving her "an extreme watchfulness about overheads and a sharp aversion to government intrusion".
    Haley implemented a plan in which teachers' salaries would be based on not only seniority and qualifications but also job performance, as determined by evaluations and reports from principals, students, and parents
    Upon becoming Governor, Haley appointed Bobby Hitt as the state's Secretary of Commerce. Under their leadership, the state announced the recruitment of more than 85,000 new jobs and $21.5 billion in capital investment.
    In inviting business to move to South Carolina she has said:
    What I'm saying is, if you come to South Carolina, the cost of doing business is going to be low here. We are going to make sure that you have a loyal, willing workforce and we are going to be one of the lowest union-participation states in the country.

LGBT issues
    In April 2016, Haley indicated she would not support legislation introduced by the South Carolina State Senate which would require transgender individuals to use restrooms based on biological sex instead of gender identity. Haley stated:
    "These are not instances... Y' all haven't reported on anything. I haven't heard anything that's come to my office. So when I look at South Carolina, we look at our situations, we're not hearing of anybody's religious liberties that are being violated, and we're, again, not hearing any citizens that feel like they are being violated in terms of freedoms."
    Haley described such restroom legislation as unnecessary.

I don't totally agree with her about this issue but I do agree that legislation isn't necessary.

I don't agree with her about abortion. She is against it.

All things considered, I could easily vote for her to be president. Wouldn't it be something if the Republicans elected the first Indian American president? :D

Edited to add: the first woman president. too!

Last edited: May 2, 2018