Who's Your Favorite Moderator?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Jake Smith, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So far only met a few, here and I posted only a little with them, but they seem nice. Some of y'all been here longer and would have more opinions on them, I can learn who too, and who not to, mess with. :D
    Probably a good rule of thumb is never to mess with a moderator, huh? I haven't been posting on a forum long at all, and still have lots to learn. So I will be reading and learning from everyone's comments, thanks. :)

This link is about FaceBook Moderators and some of their training.:rolleyes:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/...-interviews-trauma-working-conditions-arizona

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Well if ya forcing me to make a decision E2FEA575-4D68-4688-9FCF-57A10EBDBDCF.gif I’d have to say @Yvonne Smith cause it’s just me ..I feel more comfortable chatting to another female if I want to have a whinge about something or just a note to say thanks
    about something.
    While in the Subject thanks to all the admin 1B13B4EF-F76A-4278-AE54-D619EF08E393.jpeg

Yvonne Smith and Jake Smith like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Why on earth would you even ask that question? It is not a competive position @Jake Smith

Beth Gallagher and Jake Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Even though this thread is posted in the comments about the forum section, I do not think that what @Jake Smith is asking people has anything to do with this particular forum, since he references facebook moderators in his opening post.
    I am aware that facebook has moderators on their facebook groups, but I do not have any favorites of those moderators, and barely even notice them.
    Television shows sometimes have moderators, like on the game shows; so possibly that it the kind of moderator that Jake is asking about, and if so, then I can move this thread into the entertainment section of the forum instead of the forum comments section.

Jake Smith likes this.
  5. Jake Smith

Registered

No particular reason, it just came to mind for some reason, and thought it may help some of us kind of new to posting to not get ourselves into trouble on forums by doing wrong things. It was intended to be helpful, not hurtful. :)

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Jake Smith

Registered

I didn't make it about just this forum but did intend it to be about all moderators, including y'all, that's why I put that I had only met a few of y'all moderators on this site and that y'all seem nice to me. I tried to put it in the right section and even read the rules on this section before posting it and thought it would fit. After reading all the headline titles about people leaving forums and other titles, but like I said I'm new and still learning, so you know best where it should be. I used the FB moderators as an example of the duties of moderators and put that link up to kind of show the difficulties that mods go through. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Jake Smith

Registered

That makes sense to me that you would feel comfy, talking to a female and I think that is a really nice pick, IMO. :)

8. Yvonne Smith

When you say that you have only met a few of the moderators on this site, it makes it sound like there are a lot of us here, @Jake Smith .
    There are only the two of us, @Ken Anderson and myself, and we work as a team together.
    Ken owns the forum , and he is the administrator, and I am his facilitator, and we both try to keep everything going smoothly here. The only forum rules are no personal attacks, and no vulgar language (or pictures, including jokes), so anything else is fine, as long as it is presented in a way that is respectful to everyone here.
    Even though we have probably all heard vulgar language, that is no reason for it to be used on a public forum, and a discussion forum is for talking about the thread topic, and not about attacking the person presenting their opinion.

Unless Ken is posting from his Admin account, both he and I are just posting personal opinions and ideas, the same as everyone else here on the forum, and we both expect people to sometimes disagree with us.
    Our basic mission as moderators is to help out when people need something moved, edited, or deleted and can’t do it themself for some reason, as well as to welcome newcomers to the forum, and answer questions if people have questions.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Bobby Cole and Jake Smith like this.
  9. Jake Smith

Registered

This is helpful, and I thought there were four mods. I thought you and Bobby were mods. There're other administrators too right? I wouldn't ever attack anyone here, or use fowl or vulgar photos of any kind, so I'm safe in that area. Guess it makes it easier now to pick a mod since it's only two here to choose from; "for the members". Seriously, I didn't try to start a thread to inflame anyone. Just thought it might make a good thread, that everyone could comment on, and learn more about the site and mods.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Ken Anderson totally owns this forum; he started it in 2015 when another forum (that some of us were members of at the time) closed down. We had no place else to go, so Ken started this forum himself.
    He pays for everything, but there is a place (at the bottom of the page )where people can donate to help out the forum financially if they want to do this.
    It is called “Help pay the bills”, and that is all that it does when someone donates to the forum.

This forum is not supported by ads of any kind, so Ken makes NO income from the forum, and it in fact costs him to keep it running for all of us.
    There are no other administrators, since the forum totally belongs to Ken.
    He can’t be here all of the time, plus he has a job that he also does, as well as helping his wife at her recovery center; so I help out with the things that I am able to do with my limited moderator capabilities.

Ken Anderson and Jake Smith like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Nope, not me.
    I’m content with moderating what I do and there are enough times when even doing that is more than a chore.

Jake Smith likes this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

You ain't hurting me any. I just thought that was a odd question for our age group.;)

Jake Smith likes this.
  13. Jake Smith

Registered

"Only as old as you feel", Huh?:D Glad it's not hurtful to you, wasn't intended to be to anyone. Guess I am a little odd, the way I think. :)

14. Jake Smith

Registered

I thought a guy named Craig, was a mod or administrator too. This is helpful in learning who is who. I will check the donation place out, at the bottom of the page. Will try to help some too, don't have a lot, but sure every little bit helps. What was the kind of forum that y'all were on? Kind of like this one? Just curious; you don't have to say, not prying.:)
    I have learned a bunch already on this thread.:D Thanks.

15. Jake Smith

Registered

Oh; I saw task force on your avatar and assumed you were a mod. :confused:

Bobby Cole likes this.