Wild West Virginia Woman

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Andrea Lindsey, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Andrea Lindsey

Andrea Lindsey Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes it's me, I've already been here for three weeks, but it took me this long to find the introduction thread.

I'm used to being a tech-moron, but I just recently learned to post images, so prepare for a lot of mini-dachshund pictures.

I like seeing so many Texans on this board. Not only do I love the state, I've noticed that our accents are almost exactly alike, how the distinctive hillbilly twang made it to Texas, I don't know, but it's there. My son and I were heavily into Larry McMurtry books at one time so we took a vacation together to follow the fictitious paths of the Lonesome Dove characters.

Reading is my primary pastime, I also have a hoard of jigsaw puzzles, bake as much as our waistlines will allow and keep the house very clean -- vacuuming being my only form of exercise these days.

I'm loving this forum! Thank you all for being so friendly and fun!

[​IMG]

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Howdy from Virginia, neighbor!!!

I've rafted your rivers and hunted your fossils.

Andrea Lindsey and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome to the forum! I have lotsa ties to Wild and Wonderful although I never actually lived there.

Andrea Lindsey likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Howdy Andrea and welcome. I love dachshunds (and dogs in general). When I was a kid we had a standard black/tan dachshund named "Kaiser Wilhelm III"; we called him Kaiser. :D

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Andrea Lindsey - hubby and i both born and raised in Texas, but a year ago this past week we moved to Kansas
    Love dogs and have had several in our marriage. Glad you like here and nice to have you here also.