Will You Be Shopping Black Friday Sales?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Tony Page, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you shop Black Friday ?
    Do you shop the stores on Black Friday?
    A few years back I and my son-in-law decided to get up get at 3:30 a.m. to get to the store for a 4 a.m. Black Friday sale. The price of some of the items we were interested in was so irresistibly low, we just couldn't pass it up. As we approached the store in the car we we could see the line of people to get in had already filled the front and was heading to the back of the building. As we drove around the building we could see the line went completely around the building and was filling up the parking lot, we turned around and went home, so much for black friday sale shopping.
    Now I notice they are already starting Black Friday sales and it's only the 4th of November.
    Will you be taking advantage of some of these sales?

Marie Mallery and John Nopales like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We never go to any of the stores during the Black Friday sales, and usually do not even get involved with the online ones either. I noticed that they are already starting here as well; so I guess the stores are hoping for the holiday sales for a whole month instead of the usual day after Thanksgiving ones.
    I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing that they are starting this early.
    With the supply chain already not giving us enough for even basic things, and who knows how long those cargo ships are going to be left out there offshore and not unloading ; so if the stores sell merchandise now, there may actually not be anything left by the time normal holiday shopping comes around.
    People are probably shopping early, just for that reason. We have been concerned about having enough basic things like food ad household necessities, and not things that we do not need to have.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No; I have never wanted anything bad enough to stand in a line or a mob for it on Black Friday. I do enjoy "Cyber Monday" since I do most of my shopping online anyway. I've gotten some killer deals in years past on TVs, Keurigs, etc.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

The cyber / electronic deals are my favorite. I tried last night get a deal that Walmart had on a Samsung Chromebook for $87, I wasn't successful. The deals are good if you can get them, it's challenging.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I ignore Black Friday.

Hal

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Right now it appears, absolutely not! Most-to-all of our Christmas has been bought online and is sitting in our spare bedroom. I have found out that a lot of Black Friday items are reduced in price because they aren't selling normally. Reviews that I've read about some of these products are terrible, as in "don't waste your time in buying" and "terrible item".

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

we don't.....cyber Monday would be good...if that wasn't the day hackers roam...oh...yeah...black Friday too is good for hackers

Tony Page likes this.
  8. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Stores with Black Friday sales will be hosting a covid super spreader event for sure.

9. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I only shop for things I need (or think I need) and unless the need happens to fall on some sale day, the answer is NO. Some of those Black Friday sales should be declared a war zone given how fights erupt over scarce or limited items.

10. Laura Jones

Laura Jones Well-Known Member
    Registered

I love to shop but I don’t like crowds so I would not even venture to go shopping on Black Friday. At this time the majority of my Christmas presents have been purchased, I’ll finish my Christmas shopping this next week and other then gift cards I will be done for the year, hooray

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

No. Never have. And I have decided not to shop for clothes on line any more. The last three items
    I have bought I could not wear so I donated them to charitable organizations.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As Yvonne wrote, in short, no.
    Heck, we even quit going to Sam’s during their sales days. The last time we went there was a gal on a handicap scooter who was playing for keeps. Every move we made, there she was blocking foot traffic whilst snatching everything within reach. I was afraid to get too close lest I would be relieved of some body parts or at the very least face injury with a crushed foot.

I mentioned before several times that I really can’t stand crowds anyway. Soooo, add in some buggies being used as battering rams, screaming kids and moo-moo clad mothers with AR-15’s hidden under them ready to shoot anyone grabbing their tinker toy sale item there’s no possible way I would be caught within a half mile of a Friday which is only meant for the clinically insane.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

You said "buggies." :D

Tony Page and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I could have written, “shopping carriage”, shopper’s tram or cart but buggies seemed right at the time especially since multiple mothers cram their precious little ducklings into them thinking that no one in their right mind would hit her mobile crib / snatch and grab unit with another mobile crib / snatch and grab unit.

John Brunner likes this.