Winter Projects

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Having to spend more time indoors in the winter, there are several things I have planned. One is to install a kitchen light fixture that I bought earlier in the year. The current light is incandescent and does not throw enough light. The new one is a circular fluorescent with two bulbs like I had at the last place I lived which really brightens things up.

The second is to FINALLY finish the kitchen cabinets. I stained and sealed 80% of them starting years ago so I have to get it done. I want to add some color to the decor because what I have now is a result of my bland taste for the decorative and I should copy some ideas from online.

I found parts available for the windows so I have to order and install.

Got any projects lined up?

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I always have projects lined up, @Ed Wilson but they often don't get finished, even though our winters are soooo long. My plant business starts at the end of January, so that precludes everything else after that point. I have to finish installing baseboards and changing out the outlets in about half the house, as the wife wants things different. I always have more to do in my shed, and I will have greenhouses to prep later in the winter. We changed out the kitchen cabinets this year, but I had pros do that, as I am too old for much of that stuff now.

Beth Gallagher and Ed Wilson like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I might dust something if the mood strikes. :D

4. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i like this post...got things a happening here..we do...in fact...i 'll come back here tomorrow after a good nites rest..we're exhausted from this day...
    projects abound

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I did a bath tear-out and retiled the surround some time ago. Also got rid of the wood window frame & trim and made one out of Corian. I put in a recessed tile niche, which I really like. When I yanked the sink & vanity, I found out that the floor had been tiled around it, so there's a gap where the vanity used to be (I'm using the sink in the other bathroom.) I gotta tear out the tile floor, put down new substrate, retile the floor, paint the walls, and then cut out the door frame so I can fit the new vanity in (the door opening is too small for it to fit through.)