With Biden As The Opposing Candidate...

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Jun 6, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is a global issue. I know we're on the cusp of our presidential election, but the destruction and the propaganda are global. It's more intense here because I truly believe we are Ground Zero for freedoms in the world.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Biden is not very inspiring. I don’t believe for a moment Biden is the best man the democrats cold have put up
    to be our president, but circumstances have put him on the ballot. There is much to be said and has been said
    regarding Biden’s personality, his ability, his character, and his mental and physical health and like most political
    candidates, little of it is true or so I believe.

Trump seems to be doing well in all his rallies and has proven to be a formidable candidate again. Almost half the country are satisfied with the job he has done and will vote for him again. He has his faults, but who doesn’t?
    Some think the country is doing well, some do not. That’s what the election is all about.

I am not too unhappy about how the country is doing. This year has been especially challenging. It would have been for for any president.

That said, I will vote for Biden. If everything bad said about the man is true, it will not matter to me. I do not like Trump and in my opinion he is not fit for any public office. Most will disagree and I understand that. But truth is
    I would vote for a dump ground dog over this president. This is not new. I have always felt this
    way about this president. But this is election eve and we are talking about the election even though my opinion means nothing. Whoever wins will be my president and I will be the same good old boy I’ve alway been.

Peter Renfro and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill, your opinion (and your vote) are as important as anyone's. I think we all just want the best for our country, and as you have stated, we don't seem to have much to choose from with these candidates. It's a sad day when our elected officials are simply the lesser of two evils.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

As an outsider maybe I can see a little clearer on who is running a business man not a politician that has proved he can bring the US back to its greatness, and the other is a politician which has sold him out to the greatest enemy of the US.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I decided to vote for Biden. The old guy has run for president five or six times now, so I was feeling bad for him. After all, everyone ought to have the right to be president at least once in their life, and he should be able to enjoy it while he still has one or two brain cells rubbing together.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The DNC told their people not to worry about covid get out door to door and get people out to vote and now the CDC says it is OK to go out in person and vote. How times change

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. John Brunner

He got my vote when he promised to wear a pants suit in the Oval Office every Wednesday so Hillary could get her vicarious turn. The In Memoriam drunken stumble into the black SUV sealed the deal for me.

What an unselfish bastard he is.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

For shame!!!!!!!

9. Ken Anderson

A true American, not that he remembers any of it.

10. John Brunner

Hey!!

It was the pity vote that made me school treasurer in 6th grade!!!

11. Ken Anderson

I hope you know that I didn't really vote for Biden. We have ranked-choice voting (coming soon to your state if you let it, although I suggest not letting it), so I voted for Trump as my first choice. My second choice was the Libertarian Party candidate because they put out a message near the end of the campaign suggesting that it was okay to vote for Trump but not okay to vote for Biden. My third choice was the Green Party candidate because, despite the fact that Green Party candidates tend to be batshit crazy, they seem to be more honest than most. My fourth choice was the Alliance Party candidate because I didn't know what the hell the Alliance Party was but I figured they had to be better than the Democrats. I didn't make a fifth or sixth choice. One of them would have had to be a write-in because Biden was the only candidate on the ballot I didn't vote for.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Yvonne Smith and Shirley Martin like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Whew! You had me worried for a minute there. :D

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

14. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

15. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Just what dirty words has this President been using? I listen to his speeches and they sound quite clean to me.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.