Would You Move With All That Is Going On Now?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

But you still may be selling to someone who needs to finance. As the rates rise, the price you can get for your property generally drops.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Perhaps, yes.

Jake Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

This too is true, I read the housing market is slowing down now.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

And there's Real Estate in a nutshell, huh? The price of what you can get for your property generally drops when rates go up, as does the price of what you're buying...generally.

And I just dodged the Carter Effect, buying my place when interest rates were just over 9%, and soon thereafter they looked like credit card rates. Prices in the exploding DC market at the time buffered the interest rate effect.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Veteran Member
    Registered

Back in 2021, I answered this thread with a "No but H%^^ No! Um, yet here we are a year later and we are moving out of state. After 10.5 years in this apt the last thing either of us wanted to do was move-and certainly not North. Where we have lived here so long, is a stone throw away from most of what we need.
    But buildings going up on every corner, higher rental rates, higher everything ,made us reevaluate your future. When someone you know offers you a way out, and quite possibly a better way of life ,you do what you need to.
    Aside that we are moving 400 miles away, from family and friends, we are looking forward to this move.
    There will be many adjustments to make, but we should be able to progress without too much pain. :rolleyes:
    Dec, 12th the day the truck should load up . We probably will leave the following day in hopes of getting there before the truck. yesterday we both went and had our hair cut, from our usual hairdresser. I could not believe, we were so close to tears as we left, and wished her well. Guess it hit us both then, This move is real.
    I have at Timeline set up on this move and so far, things are going good. Hoping to avoid a disaster like someone we met recently. The had movers pack for them and the packers packed her purse, keys and phone. They were gone before she knew what had happened. :eek:.

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, at least you know we will be with you.;)