Wow!

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Bobby Cole, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just turned to FB a little while ago and low and behold I got the shock of a season. (as opposed to lifetime)
    While the video is about a hero dated around May of '67 the bone stirrer came when they showed the flight line in Vietnam. My old flight unit, the195th Assault Helicopter Co.!!
    If the link comes through, you will see on the right a large building which was operations and to the left is the supply hooch. To the left of that is the machinists unit, and then the PM/PE hangar. It doesn't show it but behind where the nose of the helicopter is where I spent my last 4 months in Long Binh, Vietnam.....the electricians and power train hooch. Uh...my first 8 months was as a door gunner on a Huey Charlie model gunship in another unit.

I didn't know the good pilot because he was their the year before I showed up but I sure would have liked to!
    https://www.facebook.com/ConservativeCountry/posts/1121493371255279

Babs Hunt, Joe Riley and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope seeing that didn't bring you any bad memories @Bobby Cole That war messed up alot of my old friends heads and some never were the same again.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, a lot of memories! But, the good part of it is that the picture served as a verification that there really was such a place and not some distant figment of my imagination. After nearly 45 years I can say that the place was really a part of my life and I was there so now I can lock that episode of my life where it belongs again. Back into the mental closet with all of my other dark stuff.

Babs Hunt and Joe Riley like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to give all my dark stuff to God...because when He shines His light on it...there is no more dark stuff...just light.:)