Yankee Jungle, On Animal Planet

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Has anyone else watched this show? I'm not sure how many episodes there were in total, but my DVR only picked up 4. It aired on Animal Planet, and was about a wildlife sanctuary in Mount Vernon, Maine. The name of the place is Dew Haven, and I really enjoyed the 3 episodes I've already watched. I have one more on my DVR that I'm going to watch soon. If you like animals, take a gander at it and let me know what you think. Here's a link to the sanctuary itself: http://www.dewhaven.com/ and here's a link to a YouTube 30 minute video: If you like it, let Animal Planet know, so they will make additional episodes.

I'm not sure if @Ken Anderson is familiar with the place, but if so, maybe he'll weigh in and let us know what he thinks. If I were still living in Massachusetts, I'd definitely make the trip to visit the place and see the animals.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had never actually heard of Mount Vernon, Maine. I've been in towns very near there, but Mount Vernon is pretty small and it's not somewhere I have been. It's about 150 miles from me.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I figured it was probably pretty small, and in a rural area. I really like the show, so I'm putting off watching the last episode on the DVR. Hopefully there will be more, and the place will get plenty of donations. I'm sure the stuffed animals will be popular, as well, and that should help them in keeping up with the animals and the place in general.