You Must Be Born Again

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Jeff Elohim, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

All the information about anyone really doesn't matter, does it ? Either they are born by the Will of the Father in Heaven, or they are not. That is the one criteria that matters. Most people never agree, never find out, never get born again - not even the ones highly esteemed as if they were good people on earth - they are most often false teachers.

So where does that leave anyone ? Not really a difficult place - not as if between a rock and a hard place in life.

Most people are and remain dead in sin and trespass - never receiving Life, let alone Eternal Life.

The Only One Who Can Change Anyone's Status - Alive or Dead, is the Father Creator Almighty in Heaven.

No amount of religion nor religious teaching nor doing good can change anyone from dead to alive.

Nathaniel Merritt likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Like I said I came up in the faith, born again and all. Please you believe what you will and leave me to mine.
    I am not much interested in religeous conversation. It gets us nowhere and often makes enemys of friends.
    You apparently think you are doing a good thing but I am uninterested, so if this is some verbable contest, you win.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It's best not to discuss religion, @Bill Boggs . Especially with someone who calls himself God.

Elohim is one of the most frequently used names for God in the Scriptures. It is this word which is used in Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning [Elohim] created the heavens and the earth.”

Terence Eames likes this.
  4. Jeff Elohim

Registered

No verbal context, no arguments work, no "evidence" from God , man, Scripture, or anyplace ...

Being Born Again By His Will , not religious, nor "brought up in the faith" as if that accomplishes it, but it doesn't.

The world wide deception is prevalent everywhere, with few (if any) exceptions.

The false gospel is much more accepted than the truth ever was.

Thus people think they are saved, born again, going to heaven, right up to the day on Judgment Day that Jesus tells them "be gone, I Never Knew you".

That is much more a true and real danger, eternally, than all the combinations of lies about covid, government, and so on ever could be .

The examples of true disciples living in union in Jesus with the Father as written in the Bible
    are so rare most people never see them.

Yet Salvation is as always a "free" gift, from the Father, as He Pleases, as He Says, not as men say.

It results in a total life change, and He Requires a Total Life Change, unlike anything religious people see and talk about daily .

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

As JESUS SAYS in the NT to those He is talking to, "does not Scripture say you all are elohim " ... so those who think otherwise are outside or opposed to Jesus.

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

You’re right, Shirley. I didn’t realize the name was a substitute for God. There is a lot of mental illness in the country.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  7. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Jesus did not only tell the ones who followed Him that they must be born again.

He also told the enemies, the ones who sought to kill Him, what they must do to be saved from eternal judgment, what they must do to receive life from the heavenly Father.

Of course, those who rejected Him, those who rejected the truth, continued and continue to put to death those around them , both believers and unbelievers, as they are unable to provide or to achieve eternal life or healing from God unless they turn to God and receive the truth and renounce all the so-called "social graces" and "common sense" of the world and the flesh which is at war with God, at war daily with spirit, and unable to know the truth.

8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I was born July 12, 1934 and once is enough.

Jack Roberts likes this.
  9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Terence Eames likes this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Double Talk

Jack Roberts likes this.
  11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Repeating the same message is no trouble, rather it is a safe guard ever since it was first delivered by Jesus.

12. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I got it right the first time!

13. Jeff Elohim

Registered

I don't know what you're referring to, but I don't remember you getting it right at all. Following pagan religions tends to do that - causes everything to be wrong: makes people to think in line with Babylon and opposed to Jesus, opposed to the Bible, opposed to the Creator.

14. Nathaniel Merritt

Nathaniel Merritt Active Member
    Registered

I agree Jeff, but I think you should rethink (and pray about) your use of Elohim. It is irreverent at best. Now, as to being among the Eklekta (the Chosen), one either is or is not. The Gospel call to faith and repentance goes out to everyone but not all are chosen. "Many are called but few are chosen."

15. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Someone / several others/ untaught about elohim also thought it was irreverent.
    When they learn(ed) otherwise, they stopped saying so.
    Since a long life/ history/ whatever education for years as a basis
    may be behind those errant thoughts,
    I do not try to correct them unless provoked by Hashem to do so.