Your Favorite Romance Movie?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

The Notebook WAS #1 for us, then, last night, we watched (rented) The Longest Ride w/Scott Eastwood and Alan Alda. What a movie! Both of us had tears coming down our faces. I'm a 66 yr. old male who can get tears running at emotional movies and my wife loves it! Clint Eastwood's son was absolutely terrific in this! And, Alan Alda, great performance as well.

Pat Davis likes this.
  2. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

That sounds like something I need to see. I didn't know about Scott Eastwood existing, much less acting, until fairly recently. But I know Alan Alda has never disappointed me. Regardless of what role he's playing, he is always wonderful. I've been a huge fan of his since I watched him on Mash. If I see his name in a cast, regardless of the type of movie it is, I'll give it a shot. Sometimes, he's the only thing in the entire movie that didn't disappoint me, but more than not he picks great roles.

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't usually go for romance movies however, tonight I watched a pay-per-view movie called, "The Age of Adaline". It starred Blake Lively, Michiel Huisman, Harrison Ford, Ellen Burstyn. The unusual plot was what interested me. No sex scenes to speak of, just good solid acting. It was a refreshing change from my usual diet of blood and gore movies.

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Jennifer Graves

Registered

I've never heard of it! But I'm going to have to check it out. I love a good romance, and the less sex scenes, the better.

5. Pat Davis

Pat Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

We really liked both "The Notebook" and "The Longest Ride" also, Cody. I read the Longest Ride book too, and really looked forward to seeing the movie. Like you, I thought Scott Eastwood was Terrific in the movie too. Both movies were tearjerkers.

6. Jennifer Graves

Registered

There's another one I haven't heard of! I know the Notebook very well. I don't believe I have ever heard of The Longest Ride. But if Scott Eastwood is in it, its gotta go on my playlist. I'm anxious to see how much of his fathers talent he inherited.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

My favorite romance movie is Aladdin. Aladdin is an animation of poor boy falling for rich girl. Aladdin is one of my favorite romance movie because it has songs of love as well as the triumph of good over treacherous evil and greed. Although Aladdin is just an animation movie I like the gist of the plot of Aladdin. I always like a musical anyway. Aladdin lets you go to another world of dreams too. Imagine finding a magic lamp to rub and your wishes fulfilled. It's so magical like romance is when romance is happening in your life. It's Aladdin for me for a magical romance filled movie.

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I've seen all the movies mentioned here except The Longest Ride. I liked them all but can't think of any I'd call favorites. Actually I don't see many movies anymore.

9. Jennifer Graves

Registered

When there are children around, its hard to pick a favorite out of the 3 or 4 movies they want to watch over and over and over again. Eventually, my favorite will likely be the one I haven't watched 50 times over the past month. Like The Little Mermaid... I am completely burned out on the movie and get nauseous when I hear a Jamaican accent from anywhere.

Ike Willis likes this.
  10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I have just rented the DVD of this movie looking forward to watching it Ike :)

Ike Willis likes this.