Zorro, Gilligan's Island And The Beverly Hillbillies Et Al ....

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Julie Stewart, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Julie Stewart

Julie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

We're enjoying a re-run of "Zorro" - the Guy Williams version. I loved this as a child and we got chatting about other TV shows from our childhood.

My brother and I used to love Gilligan's Island and The Beverly Hillbillies and, of course, Mr Ed

All these were US - made shows of the 1950s (I think) ... ?

But Zorro was my favourite - and I'm loving again (even though it's dubbed into French)

Tessa McCabe and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I liked 'Zorro' too. Horses, swords, what's not to like? :)Anyone remember 'The Real McCoy's'?

3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I still watch it every sat morning on AMC

[​IMG]

4. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Was Mr. Ed in the 50's? I thought it was early 60's. I like Gilligans Island. I had trouble deciding i I wanted to be Ginger or Mary Ann. I think I finally decided on Mary Ann and that the Professor and I would be "in love". Funny.

Julie Stewart likes this.
  5. Julie Stewart

Registered

Yes- it probably was the 50s - but re-run in the 60s (in the UK) ...

6. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Mr. Ed started in the early 60s.... '61, I think, and had a 5 or 6 year run. I loved Gilligan's Island... and the Beverly Hillbillies! :)

Julie Stewart likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes'sir!;)
    [​IMG]

Von Jones and Ike Willis like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just looked it up on my deary iPhone and Gilligan's Island original release was Sept. 28th, 1964 and ran thru April 17, 1967. Back then, I watched very little tv, except for on weekends and then, which I really didn't like, every Saturday night was the Lawrence Welk Show. Bowl of ice cream or bowl of popcorn was supper.

I sure do remember all the old Westerns I use to watch. In fact, I've got an entire wall in a hallway dedicated to those old Westerns! Pictures and a replica Colt 45, that "Won The West" on display.

I now watch some of these shows on ME TV (Memorable Entertainment Television). Those "good old days" of Have Gun Will Travel, Gunsmoke, The Virginian, High Chaparral, The Rifleman, Wanted Dead or Alive, Wyatt Earp, Maverick, Wagon Train and so on and so on. Loved all of them.

Funny thing is, one time, when wife and I went into GNC (vitamin store), I looked at the clerk and said "I'd come in here more often if you had a picture of Jaclyn Smith (Charlie's Angles) on the wall." He looked at me and said "who's that?". That "who's that?" question did make me feel old!

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Mr. Ed, all the old westerns, Dick Van Dyke show, I love Lucy - could go on and on and on ...................................

Tessa McCabe likes this.
  10. Julie Stewart

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh - "WAGON TRAIN" - yes, I'd forgotten about that. I remember a tale my mum used to tell about when David (older brother) and I were about 5 and 3 years old, I wasn't long out of nappies. We were playing upstairs and making enough noise for mum to shout up to us :

Mum : "David! Julie! What are you two doing up there?"
    *immediate silence*
    pause
    Mum : "Well???"
    *silence*
    pause
    Mum : "Answer me!"
    David : "We were playing Wagon Train but Wooster wet his knickers."

11. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I imagine at least some of those old shows are on TV Land. I know I have seen the Dick Van Dyke show on there, as well as re runs of the Andy Griffith show. and Gunsmoke. Generally, I don't watch that station however, it is always on, in the garage where I sometimes go for car repairs. I have seen the Andy Griffith show so much, I could quote it chapter and verse, but I don't remember a lot of the old Gunsmokes.

Ike Willis likes this.
  12. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember the real McCoys being on, but not really what it was about. I was quite young at the time. Of course I was for most of these shows. I know my mom used to watch it though. The real McCoys never made it into re runs as much of some of the other shows did though. Some of the other old shows have been run a lot. So other generations could watch them, and their fans could see them again.

Ike Willis likes this.