2024 R N C

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump and his VP pick has stated that a VP Debate wouldn't happen until Harris chooses a VP. IOW, a kiddingly little snub towards Harris if the Dems decide that don't want Biden or he withdraws.

Don Alaska and Vada Bloom like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I daresay that you are not the target audience for this particular speaker.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Trump is clearly opening the door to a wide range of people because we need their votes. While I am concerned when it comes to putting the newly converted into positions of real power, we shouldn't turn them away. Trump wasn't my first choice in 2016 but once it came down to a choice between him and Hillary, the decision was an easy one, and he has proven himself, at least as far as I am concerned. I am still concerned that he tends to trust the wrong people so much of the time, and, for that reason, I am not encouraged to vote for someone just because Trump has endorsed him. As in 2016, the choice between a Trump/Vance ticket and anyone the Democrats might come up with will be an easy one.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't understand where she came from. It's like putting Jelly Roll or Post Malone on stage to comment about Trump. Can't the Trump Campaign Committee do better than that?

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Trump is giving permission for a wide range of people to vote for him in November. What's wrong with that? The President of the Teamster's Union was invited to speak, as well. Whether or not the Teamsters ultimately endorse him, the invitation encouraged union members to tune in to the GOP Convention, giving them permission to vote for Trump in November, and that's good planning. Trump is going to need all the votes he can get to counter the illegitimate ones that are certain to be cast for the other side.

I watched a podcast from a prominent transvestite YouTube influencer who covered the Trump shooting. S/he was disgusted and appalled by comments from people in the LGBTQ community who expressed their disappointment that the shooter missed. At the very end of the podcast, s/he asked his audience if they would be disappointed if s/he voted for Trump in November. The LGBTQ is clearly not a common GOP constituency, but Trump has never said or done anything that would adversely effect them, and the podcaster pointed that out as well. Why not reach out to every demographic for votes?

As a voter, I expect my candidate to agree with a majority of the things that I consider to be the most important but, as a candidate, I wouldn't care if my voters agree with me; all I would need is their votes.

Whether or not they have tattoos, or even if they have been lifelong members of the Crips, their vote will count the same as anyone else's. A Presbyterian candidate who wouldn't reach out to anyone other than fellow Presbyterians probably isn't going to win a national election.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think Trump is trying to create ONE American constituency, as opposed to the Dems dividing the populace by race, gender sexual orientation, etc. He is trying to be inclusive and will accept anyone who wants the same.

7. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't like tattoos either, Cody but to each his own. She's definitely a new look for the RNC. You aren't the only one that wasn't too sure about her and some of the other new ones. They look different but their reasons for voting Trump are pretty much the same as some of my reasons, I think.

On the other hand there are some people who aren't at this RNC and I've only seen them mentioned on one site. I don't think anyone else missed them. George Bush, Mike Pence, Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney and Paul Ryan to name a few. Maybe we can consider it a trade-off, the old for the new. Works for me. :D

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Hulk Hogan? Good grief; I can go take a bath before Trump speaks. :D

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This is the image that has taken the internet by storm tonight……. Hulk Hogan ripping off his shirt, and calling us “Trumpamaniacs” . We are no longer to be known as Deplorables, we now have Trumpamania !

IMG_6760.jpeg

Jacob Petersheim and Vada Bloom like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Wow, Melania looks stunning.

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I really dislike these dog & pony shows.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Add Lisa Murkowski to those who aren't at the RNC. She truly is deplorable!

13. John Brunner

Over 2 decades of faithful service to your state.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

OK, Donald is putting me to sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Blah, blah.

Vada Bloom and John Nopales like this.
  15. John Brunner

He started off very subdued, but perked up when talking policy and governance specifics. But he has exceeded attention span limits.

I hate these dog & pony shows. People who attend these things are "different."

Vada Bloom likes this.