2024 R N C

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I know someone who is there. He thrives on political meetings and will go home very energized by it. I struggled to stay awake last night. Bring back the old style Trump speeches.

The good news is I won’t be watching the DNC. News clips will be more than enough.

2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't agree with your first sentence more.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

I saw all kinds of people in the crowd, and I laughed so hard but out of pure joy to see people that not afraid to cut loose and show their joy. The cheese heads were such a hoot, and there was a great, big, man with the most hilarious smile!! I wished I was there with them all, but really being able to see so much of the crowd was the most uplifting "watch" I've had in such a long time. The funniest thing I saw was a couple and the guy had on one of those hilarious Trump mask-thingies, omg, just so fun, and uplifting!! Dancing with no inhibitions, and if you ask me, these people know far more about real love than anyone than others that love try to make themselves feel better by trying to bring others down.

Different?? Definitely a good different imo compared to the unhappy, bitching, whining and hateful rhetoric I've seen in myself, and others in this world that are so quick to cast the first stone. It's also hilarious to see what people write about Trump (and Vance now) being stupid. Some need to get the crap out of their own ears and eyes before they cast their sinister comments at ANYONE else. Too bad more can't use their freedom of speech for good.

And too bad some were bored by President Trump's speech, I guess it wasn't filled with enough of what you wanted or expected. I'd love to see some of you accomplish what he has, most of all, the love of the people, he's very easy to love when you have eyes and ears to actually see it. I'd like to see you be perfectly "correct" in the way you come across after all he's been through, hah! I bet you think you are brave and smart.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I stuck it out through the whole speech to the very end last night.

Modern conventions are not very interesting now, just political advertisements. Given that, the other parts I did watch were pretty well done. Key speakers mostly upbeat in tone, including JD Vance. But Mr. Trump was downbeat as usual.

The Lee Greenwood song is getting old as a theme song for Republican conventions. This one fits better.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I stayed up to watch President Trump speak last night, too, and I enjoyed every minute of it !
    When he told us the story of what happened and how it was like for him when he got shot, it was like being right there with him going through all the feelings and thoughts he went through.
    I loved listening to the Detroit pastor talking about Trump asking for birthday prayers and God answering those prayers with the Millimeter Miracle.
    I am not into wrestling, but Hulk Hogan provided some great entertainment, and gave us all a wonderful new name…… Trumpmaniacs (from Trumpmania), which is a great name compared to being called “Deplorables”.

I didn’t hear all of the speakers this week, but have listened to clips for quite a few of the speakers, and I believe that this will start to unify this country, because Trump is definitely working on bringing in people who have been traditionally liberal democrats, and making them part of the MAGA movement.

6. Denise Evans

Registered

So well said Yvonne!! Thank you God, I cried, I laughed, and have not felt part of for a long time. When Amber said "these are my people", she took the words right out of my mouth. I am so grateful to see the Truth, I'm so grateful to know I am not alone in recognizing it. Being "different" is sometimes very hard because I feel so alone, but I'm not, that's just another lie of the enemy :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Now that I think about. It I’ve never like listening to Trump’s speeches. It was hard to listen to after the first part where he talked about the attack. I like the content but not the delivery and I usually read his speeches. I do think it’s a problem to speak in a monotone for so long late at night but I might be the only person in the entire country that thinks that. It doesn’t affect my vote for him.

On the positive side Melania was great and the Trump grandchildren playing with the balloons was a high point too. They are a very attractive family.

I hope they don’t exchange Lee Greenwood for Twisted Sister. I think Trump likes LG too so maybe that won’t happen. ;)

The Detroit pastor was wonderful and I liked the Hulk too. Some people on another political site hated the Hulk, weird to me but so be it. There are lots of different takes on the RNC among Trump voters but they will vote for him. :)

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I do see your point, Ken. Thanks for setting us straight. Really.

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

Wished I'd seen and "liked" this one earlier, well said Ken. I'll just add that I truly believe President Trump has love and compassion for folks who he doesn't agree with, and I see it now, full well, that he wants to see this country united. The kind of united'ness we see in times that cause people to take down their walls (put aside their differences for a good cause). I think saving America is a good cause. It's so easy to forget how people have stood together at times like 911, the wars, assassinations. I still love the movie (thought of as silly by many I am sure) Independence Day because it showed us a picture of the people around the world, with all their differences banning together to fight a common enemy.

I wonder what it will take for us to stop the hating, I don't like to think about it :( because I know what it takes.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

When I was just a little girl, I remember my mom telling me to not ever hate another person, that they were a human being just like me. She said it was fine to hate what they said or they did, but not to hate the actual person.
    Sometimes, it is really hard for me to separate the two, the act and the person; but i at least try to do that as much as i can, and it does help.
    On the other hand, the Bible (and Jesus) plainly said that some people are of satan and not of God; so some of the ones we see are actually evil, and the Bible tells us that.

The people who are liberals and have been against Trump are pretty much just delusioned and misled, not evil.
    They listen to lying media, and believe anything they see on their “tell-lie-vision” .
    Many of these people first learned of Biden’s dementia when the debate was on television, and are just now realizing that the news people lied and covered this up for the last several years.
    Now, they are starting to see that the media has been lying about the things they said about Trump as well, and some of them are waking up.
    It is kind of like the AA saying about people recovering at their own speed, and we need to just be glad that more of the people are opening their eyes and ears and seeing truth for the first time.
    They need to be welcomed in.

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

The DNC is voting remotely. Dunno what the convention is gonna be like.

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I think a lot of people are just looking for something to belong to, and we are fools if we chase them away out of our own arrogance...or anger...or fear. It's not easy to resist the urge to bark back.

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I thought Trump goofed by saying "China virus" once, and also by referring to the stolen election at all.

The issue I see is that he didn't need to say those things and they probably grated on some people who might have been considering coming over to his "tent." Sort of like a non-smoker mocking ex-smokers.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This guy (Peter Zeihan) seems to be aligning with the Biden machine, probably because he's a globalist and a corporatist and a warmonger,,, and most likely a Romneycrat wanting a new Party himself.

But I think he has identified some ways the parties are realigning, even if he sneers at much of it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, I'm not called to condone, or agree with others choices, but there's a love we can have for others without "liking" what they do, or say. It is hard to separate the two things, I get that 100% Yvonne. I was taught similar, two things, hate the sin, not the sinner and two, not to be bitter. I struggle with both. I am not "recovered" but God has never let me get away with things, thank God for Him and when He disciplines me like a loving Father. I'm very grateful for you being here Yvonne, Denise

Yvonne Smith likes this.