A New Day

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Marci Miller, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Another busy day ahead. Hopefully we're fully staffed today. I really don't wanna volley back and forth between shifts again. Still trying to find a time to talk to HR about the new position I wanna transfer to. They're busy and we're busy so finding the time to talk has been an issue. I told her I was free Friday. LOL!

Soon we will be having some serious staffing issues in the kitchen. We will be down a couple cooks that have been helping. One goes back to her FT job at the college and the other one goes back to his part time job at another college. Then our evening cook is taking vacation in the middle of all this crap so I don't know who will pick up the shifts I usually relieve cuz I'll be cooking for vacation girl. I need to get some bloodwork done for an upcoming dr appt. so I have to find time for that. I still haven't had a chance to get an eye appt. I need to badly. Plus I need to find someplace to get some more acupuncture for my leg pretty soon.

They just better figure something out for us at work soon. I can't keep putting things on hold. Eventually I have things to deal with that may not wait. That's the only downside to food service. You basically give your life to it and there's no time to take care of you.

Have a good day all.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Marci Miller

Registered

Still having issues with the newer piece of crap I bought. Gotta take it in and hold them to their warranty and have them fix the stem on one of the wheels.

My anxiety is really bad so I might not be on as much for a little while. Just having a hard time coping with some things at this point in time. Not to worry though. This too shall pass.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Marci Miller

Registered

Morning. Chugging my coffee down and fixing to go get ready for work. Wanted to pop in and say hi. Gonna be a busy day. We've had lots of activity in the ER this week. Not sure what's going on. We've had 2 to 3 COVID patients this week but there was another death or two so I don't know if they was COVID related or not. Ok so far zero deaths but we now have 5 COVIDs in the hospital and 84 active cases with 40 being new and 20 are the variant so things are picking up here again. :(
    This round will likely be worse because of the speed with which it spreads. Fingers crossed we will stay safe. Have a good day!

4. Marci Miller

Registered

Well I got the FT cafeteria position but for now I'm stuck in the kitchen until we get staffed up again. Boss said 3 to 4 more weeks. I had stuff to do today but needed a people break. So I'm bumming in my PJs and drinking coffee and getting ready to go play video games. I just got done with last months bank balance. LOL! I hate doing that. I'm horrible at it and I like it to be to the penny. Have a great day all!

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Congrats on the new position, Marci!

Don Alaska and Marci Miller like this.
  6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

@Marci Miller said "I just got done with last months bank balance. LOL! I hate doing that."
    I had that same problem.....So now what I do is I charge everything and write one check per month....easy peasy

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

So what will the new FT cafeteria position entail?

8. Marci Miller

Registered

I will be out in the cafeteria as the full time fry cook in the grill. I may occasionally have to do the grill job or the cashier position. I like being in the cafeteria. It's easier on my body as well as my mental state. I get along with my coworkers in the cafeteria. The atmosphere there is more relaxed and happy. We serve food to the staff and visitors.

I will no longer be asked to cook unless they have an emergency and that will only be for as long as I'm able. Once I'm not able anymore they will be notified about it. I'm getting too old and my health isn't what it was so trying to cook every day in the back with all the lifting and running around is getting to be too much. Too hard on my lungs anymore. In the kitchen the staff is mean to me...they belittle me and treat me like I'm stupid. I've been in all areas of food service in hospitals...nursing homes and restaurants for nearly 40 yrs. I know what I'm doing. Nobody will talk to me or listen to what I'm saying, they make fun of me and talk about me. It's terrible. They've done this for the entire 5 yrs I've been there. I finally will get to move to the cafeteria where it's more pleasant.

9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Bless you, Marci. I hope all aspects of your new job work out up and above your expectations,
    and what you have endured in the past will be over ever more.

Marci Miller and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Marci Miller

Registered

11. Marci Miller

Registered

LOL i don't have that much credit on my card each month. i don't think it would be wise of me.

12. Marci Miller

Registered

Good morning! Evening cook today then off tomorrow then I spend the next 2 wks in misery at work. Not looking forward to that let me tell ya. Only 3 or 4 more weeks of this. *Groans*
    [​IMG]
    Having my coffee & pretending everything is fine. LOL! *Shrugs*
    I have lots of work to do tonight on my video game island. I gotta get some more islanders so I can start some serious island design. I'm wanting to create a new theme called Cutecore. All things adorable of course. LOL! Deep down I'm a kid at heart.

There are so many ideas with this game for decorating this island. It's so detailed and fun for me. It helped me get through the pandemic and still keeps me entertained. I wish all games were this much fun.

Today's forecast is for 88° with a possible thunderstorm later. Not bad after yesterday's heat index of 105°. Have a great day!

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Congrats on landing the new job, Marci.

Marci Miller likes this.
  14. Marci Miller

Registered

It's gonna be a little bit before I get to start it. Unfortunately. Thanks though. :)

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Congratulations on your new position. I will be praying that God will bless your remaining couple of weeks in your old position...and fill you with His strength and peace each day.

Marci Miller likes this.