A New Dog

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Joyce Mcgregor, May 14, 2017.

1. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

When I went into the nursing home in Mississippi, I had to find a new home for my precious little dog. Now that I am back in Alabama, my wonderful friend, Yvonne, has a lovely little dog for me. Her name is Twiggy because she has long legs and she looks like a rat terrier. She weights in at maybe 10 lbs so she will be prefect in the small apartment.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Things are looking good for you, @Joyce Mcgregor! Yvonne is a good friend.

Patsy Faye and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, @Joyce Mcgregor it looks like you have an angel who is taking great care of you! :)

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree, what a great friend you have there @Joyce Mcgregor , and now you have a new little furbaby friend too...awww how wonderful for you, I bet you never expected any of this to happen?

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have all been saying prayers for Evelyn/Joyce, and God has been listening to our prayers and everything went smoothly on the trip.
    Tomorrow, we will go and talk with the landlord and turn in the paperwork, and then she can start getting settled into her now home. After being in the nursing home yesterday, I can see why she wanted out so bad, and I am thankful that Robin could have the time to be able to take us over there to get Evelyn. Memphis is a good 4 hour drive from here, and Evelyn was just on the Mississippi side below Memphis; so it was a long day, and we were both exhausted when we got back home to Huntsville.
    Twiggy, you may remember is the little stray dog that we ended up with last fall. She is a total cuddle bug, and I know that she will love being an "only dog" and having her person all ot herself, all of the time. She wanted to be next to me when she was inside and sleep with me at night, but Bobby said no dogs in the bedroom.
    Now, she will be able to snuggle with someone all day and all night, and not have to share; so I think this will be a wonderful relationship for both Evelyn and Twiggy.
    IMG_0473.JPG

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oooh I hadn't realised that the *yvonne * joyce was referring to was you @Yvonne Smith ...wow, what a wonderful thing you've done..bless you're heart.. that's amazing. ...and little Twiggy is the image of our old miniature Jack russell ''Jess*...

What a fabulous friend you are,,,I can imagine just how much it must have exhausted you to make that journey... God bless you..

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Evelyn and I have been friends here for close to ten years now, and she is one of the first people that I met when we moved to Huntsville. She was having kind of a yard sale, and I went, we visited, and then became friends.
    Eventually, she moved from her apartment to the house just down the street from us, and lived there as my neighbor for the last 5 years or so.
    Last year, she moved to the Memphis area to be closer to her son and his family, and I have missed the companionship we had when she was here.
    I am glad that she is back, and we can again go yard-saleing and out for our little lunches now and then.
    Her beloved Sadie that she had to give up when she went to the nursing home was one of my Chipper's puppies. ( from several years back); so even the dogs were part of our friendship.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

awww lovely story @Yvonne Smith ...fate meant for you to be friends obviously... :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Joyce Mcgregor

Registered

Yvonne and I just hit it off from the first day we met. She had not been in Huntsville long so I was able to show her the way around and where things were located. We sometimes go for periods where we are not in contact, but then, all of a sudden we are back together again.

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Great outcome for you Joyce and the lovely Twiggy :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

I love stories with happy endings and this is one of them :)

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

I'm with you @Missy Lee , I think a lot of us wish we had friends who would go that extra mile for us...it's a lovely story.

13. Joyce Mcgregor

Registered

This is truly a happy ending for me. I am living back near my long time friend, I will have a little dog for company, will be living on my own again and be independent. My oldest daughter, who was instrumental in putting me in the nursing home, is not very happy about this but she will eventually get over it.