Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Since we have almost no control over how someone else behaves, it becomes necessary to change our expectations of them. Focus on the positives for a change; life is short and getting shorter every minute.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Was trying to find the thread where I wrote about the problems this city (Loveland) has between the Seniors and young generation. I told about local newspaper app where I read that there is a phone number to call for suggestions concerning Loveland.

Anyway, I read another "suggestion" this morning in the app. Actually, a complaint from a 55 yr. old man. There is a high school here that, apparently is going to be renamed. The 55 yr. old, who has lived in Loveland for many years, said his suggestion for a name would be Lost Paradise High School. Yes, he misses the "old Loveland".

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Apparently you read a different Bible.
    How judgemental was Jesus ...zero
    It is hard not to be judgemental - but to wear that like a badge and claim your a Christian...seriously. ?
    I will stay a heathen .

4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I think moving to a new place is much like getting married. Once the honeymoon is over, it becomes a series of adjustments until you work it out.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh dear Cody,.... it has to said, even by your own admission you have no friends !!...at least not outside of these forums,

6. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

We all see people every day and think,"Holy Crap didja see that?" However with most of us that is as far as it goes. I really don't care how much make up the bag boy is wearing as long as he keeps the chemicals away from my meat and produce
    I had a casual encounter with ayoung lady with a parrot on her chest wrapped around to her back. This was in the seventies long before tattoos especially for woman were common place. Sexiest hottesr affair I ever had. Her ol man was in Prison for murder so I didn't hang out to long

Yvonne Smith and Bess Barber like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Oh Lord....:rolleyes:

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We'd love to have some friends, but folks our age couldn't keep up with us! Really. We met a couple today that looked 10 years older than we are and they were our age.
    There are Seniors that don't like, or even understand, my sarcastic humor, but my wife sure does.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I put the thing on about the 55 year old man, just to show you folks (again) how the Seniors and younger folks don't get along. "The young folks have taken over our city with their purple colored hair, multiple tattoos and body piercings" one Senior told me. He went on to say, "Loveland is no longer a family city, like it once was."

Actually, wife and I have never lived anywhere where there was so much confliction between the old and young as here. The young want to drive fast and the old/older want to drive the speed limit. The old/older liked Loveland when there was only 15,000 people living in it, not 78,000 now. Obviously, businesses here love the population increase, but every Senior I've talked to definitely don't.

I hate being tailgated by a young person when going 5 mph over the speed limit and they want to go 15 over. Oh well, we'll be here for our Leased time, which ends in April 2020, and then move. Most likely into Wyoming.

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh ...you moan and groan no matter where you live. I shudder to think we all must listen to your rants for another year all because you don't like it there either. :eek:

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

CBFC1B18-038A-4910-9094-AC6ECFB16235.jpeg

Mary Robi likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My sister in Colorado got some snow last night...did you @Cody Fousnaugh ?

As for humor....maybe you just think you’re funny.....as per your own admission, except for your wife most people don’t.

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

What do you do that most seniors can’t keep up with you?

You should see some of the senior women I know at Curves....WOW!

Most are older than I am and they’re amazing in their activities....they’re always on the go...doing something.

Just want to add....I’m not picking on you, Cody....I’m still not well enough for that. :)

I’m still struggling with health and mental issues but I’m getting better since you see I have started posting again,

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Same here about the seniors Chrissy!
    There are so many gyms, wellness centers and CrossFit places here that a person could practically walk across Huntsville on the roofs of them.
    It’s a given that many seniors simply choose to lay out but from my point of view, the majority of them are up and around and doing something to improve their lives. My goodness, even the Senior Center has a small workout area!
    The only thing I have to write that would be a little derogatory about seniors and working out is that some folks just shouldn’t be wearing tights, leotards and bikinis but what the heck, there’s a lot of younger people that shouldn’t be seen in public dressed that way either but who am I to judge. At least they’re doing something to improve their lives and believe me, from what I’ve experienced, some of those older than I could definitely take me to task.

Maybe Cody moved to the “I’m old” part of town where seniors just aren’t as active as they are in the other parts of town. Ya know, the checker board and rocking chair part of town.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't you ever "moan and groan" about anything???