Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep! Got to watch some kind of national news and we don't want to wait until the evening to do it. But, CNN is both good and bad.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Count me a fool then Pete. Back when I did watch that station I never once heard the news in it’s entirety. It has been too many times to count when I’ve heard the news, a comment or a speech on an unbiased radio station and then heard the chop job version CNN has reported.
    In June they ranked what.....somewhere around #30? That’s some real reporting!

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Fortunately, I don't think there are enough people left who still take CNN seriously for the network to have its intended propaganda effect. Liberals watch it because they are comfortable being told what to think and they like hearing things that reinforce their worldview, but others might be exposed to it only in airports or hotel lobbies, and most people know that it's a mixture of total fiction and truths taken out of context.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

"A “wild thing” may get a tattoo, but the tattoo didn’t make her a wild thing." Bobby, you're so right. Can we get matching tattoos together?

Patsy Faye and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Dwight Ward

Registered

I haven't had a TV for twenty years... can't stand the commercials and the shallow, biased news. I get my news from multiple sources on the web and believe none of it at first glance. Actually I've never 'believed' much of anything. Some things just seem more likely than others. I'm an agnostic in the.truest sense. I just don't 'know' much at all.

6. Dwight Ward

Registered

I don't like being constantly ill and being stuck at home. With my age and health the coronavirus will surely kill me. Almost as bad, I don't like that even if I were younger and healthy I'd STILL be stuck at home. There's nothing I can do. 'Trying' harder at anything I can think of will change nothing. I have to accept it all, though. What else can I do? I don't feel like I've become a very pleasant person to talk to or be around.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't accept things I don't like. I just ignore them.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, Lon, that's what the younger generation of multiple arm, neck, leg, back, chest, face tattooed people want you to do.

Funny, but when I tell folks that I was in the Navy, during Nam, I never got a tattoo, they get somewhat shocked. But, I knew a 1st Class Boatswain's Mate that had his arms covered with them.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Good for you, Lon. Live and let live.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Reference OP. Nuff Said.

11. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok Cody, Why do you hate the younger generation so? I am pretty sure that any member of the"younger generation" really don't give a flyin fig what you like. You do realize that offending your elders is normal form of rebellion. Of course they want you to ignore them,it's not your business.
    Now when they see an older couple with their heads together given them the stink eye,

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I don't hate the younger generation that much, especially those that are in 4-H, FFA, working on farms/ranches and involved with rodeo. Nope, don't hate them at all. But, then again, Ken knows what I'm talking about with that stuff.

As far as "none of your business".........just think if everyone in the U.S. thought that way about everything! That would be very interesting on what people would get away with.

And, from what I'm understanding, most people who don't care about who gets tattoos, are those that have them. My love for rodeo is nobodies business, but plenty of folks make it their business.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, Bobby, that was ME and proud of it! LOL

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry, Beth, but there are plenty of folks in America that don't share that "live and let live" attitude. Just take a good look at America.

15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Uh, you obviously didn’t get the drift.

Mary Robi and Frank Sanoica like this.