Am I A Racist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Dwight Ward, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The US is one of the least racist country in the world. The proof is they have to make it up more racists scams have come out only to be exposed as fake. If there was real racism you would not have to make it up.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, Martin... but there are plenty of "real" racists/racism in the USA.

3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  4. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Insanity in Canada they painted crosswalks in a rainbow for the LGBT___ and they seen that someone left skid marks across the rainbow and now they are looking for the person for hate a crime.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Lois Winters

Registered

While there are many racists or bigots in the U.S., the numbers population wise do not make it the most racist.

7. Lois Winters

Registered

If you have to ask this question, then you probably are.

8. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

The question was meant to draw attention and was not a real doubt on my part. I think I've explained enough in my past posts why I brought it.up. That I don't believe that all people from anywhere on the planet have exactly the same intelligence potential is a departure from the general leftist viewpoint ( and I think of myself as a leftist ) and leaves me open to the charge of racism from all sides. I'd like to point out the contrast, once again, between 'a feeling of superiority' and 'finding evidence of difference'.

Lois Winters likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, racism is still alive in America. Just talk to my 1/2 brother about folks living in the U.S. from India. He has no problem giving anyone his feelings about them. Then, we have a long-time friend who was born/raised in Michigan, right outside Detroit. Apparently he spent a lot of time relaxing at a city park, next to the Detroit River in Detroit, and will tell anyone his feelings about what blacks done to the park. Neither wife nor I like hearing it, but he will say the "N" word to us on the phone. Fortunately, we don't talk to him much.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Yes Cody there is a difference between what we say and what we might do as I have heard and passed along what would be termed as racist. But I would never do a racist act especially if it was harmful to another. Your friend probably will complain about other races but would they do something to harm them? I don’t know we are seeing people who hire people to do thing that would be considered racist just to get attention to it. Or to do the act themselves like writing racist slurs on their own property to get attention.
    There is a difference about what we say and what we will do but the group of cancel culture that is doing on now will search your history for things you sad and use that to try and destroy you. This is only used against the middle to right as the left get a pass.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, acting out racism or not, we both totally dislike hearing the "N" word. When we lived in Jacksonville, FL, we knew some very, very nice black folks as well as some very, very nice India folks.

My 1/2 brother seems to dislike people from India as much as he dislikes computers.

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I know the N word is racist because white are not allowed to use it but black can. Is that not racist?

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I know, this has always stunned me. We can't use it, but they can towards each other.

14. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I moved into this new-to-me small town in Maryland about three years ago. Because I am ill and stuck at home I have little opportunity to meet any new friends.The exception is Kevin, a black man in his 60s, who cuts my grass. After we became friends we'd drink beer together and talk and agree or disagree about everything under the sun: women, Trump, politics, slavery, and many other things. For instance, Kevin thinks slaveowners were uniformly evil while I have my doubts. He is poorly educated but broadly intelligent.
    Kevin has a checkered past and is widely traveled, as am I. Sometimes I can't understand him because of his thick black patois. He is the only person I know in town. He knows everyone and is related to many of them. I'm glad I met him.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

For one ambulance company that I worked for as an EMT, my partner was a pretty muscular black dude named Judd. He lived in Compton and let me know right away, "I don't take crap ("shi*" he said) from black or white. If you have a problem, you call me." And, he totally meant it. Since part of the areas we covered were Compton, Watts and South Central, I wasn't scared at all. He was the very best ambulance partner I could have ever asked for!