Am I Facing Breast Cancer?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's been a while but I wanted to let y'all know that after 5 months of living with breast cancer I will be having surgery on Wednesday, Sept. 4th...I'm having a double mastectomy. A few weeks ago I had a CT scan and an MRI of my brain which showed my BC has not spread to any of these areas. It has grown some in my breast so it's time for these "girls" to go. I still have had no pain (thank God) and only notice I have less energy and get tired more often so I am even able to nap sometimes now which I never could do before.

My faith is still carrying me through this and I know whatever God has planned for me will be His best for me. All prayers for successful surgery are appreciated. They say it takes 4-6 weeks to heal from the surgery so y'all just might find me having time to come and post and visit for awhile during my recovery time. I hope everyone is doing good these days. I'm at peace with my decision and doing fine otherwise.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is great to hear from you and have an update, @Babs Hunt . I am sorry that you have to have the operation, but glad that the cancer is not spreading.
    We will keep on saying prayers for your recovery !

It sounds like God is leading you into eating a healthier anti-cancer diet, and I am glad to hear that. Since cancer cells only feed on sugar, many people who have gone on ketogenic or another low-carb diet have found that it really helps with starving the cancer cells to death.
    My son had a fiancé who died from cancer, and I was horrified that her doctor told her that eating ice cream was just as good as having plain whole milk yogurt.
    Since she was pretty much sugar addicted, she didn’t want to give up her ice cream and sweets, even if it would have helped her.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You've done well this far Babs - keep going strong
    Prayers and positive thoughts are with you

4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on the 4th Babs

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My wife was posting the same thing I was writing.
    For whatever reason, (in addition) Romans 8:38-39 came to mind and maybe you can find some extra strength and peace by the reading of those verses.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been thinking about you all this week Babs... Scary as it must be I believe you're doing the right thing, and knowing it hasn't spread anywhere else, get those bad girls outta your life, and the evil cancer along with it.. I'm sure you've done as much research as you can about it all, and the after effects, and how to cope, and with your very strong faith, and close family strength , you're going to be fine and able to spend more years with your children, husband and grandchildren..

We all here wish you the very best, and we will be thinking very much of you on Wednesday..stay strong !!

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My thoughts are with you Babs. May you have a fast and comfortable recovery!

Attached Files:

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for sharing the update, Babs. You know we are all pulling for you and will be thinking of you on the 4th. Hugs.

Ruby Begonia and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Amen to those verses Bobby! :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I also want y'all to know if my heavenly Father decides to take me Home to Heaven during my surgery I have informed my youngest daughter to let y'all know that I will be waiting up there for all of you. :)

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I did that same exact thing each time I have had to have the heart operations, so I can guess how you must be feeling, Babs . I remember waking up after the first heart procedure , and wondering if Robin was real, or if I was only thinking that I was alive. I was seriously happy when she told me that she was real and I was in the recovery room.
    I think that at our age, it is scary to face this kind of an operation, but when our chances of surviving depend on it, then we have to just trust God, and believe he will take care of us.
    Sending you a HUG to take along to the hospital, and please know that we are all there with you in spirit, even though not in the flesh.

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

We will all be thinking of you tomorrow Xx
    upload_2019-9-3_14-21-19.jpeg

@Babs Hunt

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Patsy Faye likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Absolutely nothing more to add to @Patsy Faye , post @Babs Hunt , we're all wishing and praying for everything to go well for you tomorrow..

[​IMG]

15. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

2d04f062b9b4127fd2917192f7f8c149.jpg

That's right, Babs.

Patsy Faye likes this.